Chapter 3: The all in one

UNEDITED.

Don't forget to vote, share and comment

~.~.~.~.~

I'd hardly got sleep. Sure enough I fell asleep by 3 in the morning while Dom kept ranting about school through our Skype call. I was tired......and hungry...but mostly tired. So I felt like sleeping in. I felt like sleeping in throughout the day.

So when the knock on my door came around 8am on the dot, I felt like beating the human on the other side up.

"Housekeeper!!" The old woman's voice came through.

I had always respected the elderly,  despite my personality. They were all old and wrinkled and fragile. I couldn't just hate them. So with all the power and energy left in me, I threw the comforter away from me and hopped off the bed.

"Yes?" I croaked as I pulled the door open to peep out.

She did a slight bow of her head which made me raise a brow. Then she held the laundry basket on her hands tighter.

"Good morning, Miss Adams, " She started, "I'm here to take your dirty laundry."

Miss Adams!!!????

"That's why I was awoken?" I muttered.

"My apologies,  ma'am" She did a slight bow again.

Ma'am!!!!???

Did I look old?? Or was this woman just mocking me??

"I sincerely beg you to call me, Mira" I pleaded, even my tone could clarify that.

She seemed confused by my request. With the way her brows quirked up ever so lightly and the way her lips contorted to a deep frown.

Then after a moment, her eyes lit up and she tilted her head a little.

"I'm afraid that's not possible,  Miss Adams" She spoke

"Why not?" I asked, my voice still a little cracked from my sleep

"I believe you are my superior as long as I work here, " She said

I almost laughed right there and then. Instead I settled with a slight chuckle.

"What's so funny, ma'am?" She stretched the word so much and made it so obvious that it made me cringe.

Instead of replying her right away, I walked back into the room and picked up my old clothes from yesterday, then I immediately walked back to the door.

"Superior or not, " I started, my voice serious as I dropped my dirty clothes into her basket "Call me that again and you're getting fired."

Her eyes widened a bit, " Sure thing, Miss....I mean.....Mira."

"That's more like it."

~.~.~.~.~

"What do you mean I start school today!??" I screeched as my dad looked down at me.

"Did you really think you wouldn't attend school if you come to New York." He asked, his hand folded.

"No, " I answered "I just expected it to take more time....plus I haven't even searched for a school yet."

"You don't have to, " He spoke, "I sponsor a few schools here. I've taken care of it. All you have to do is go in there,  take your map, class timetable and choose extra classes if need be..... And don't cause any trouble."

I seemed annoyed at first that he didn't even tell me about it before he arranged it all but then I realized he was right and I wouldn't enjoy staying with someone I despised so much at home.