Chapter 6: Third wheel 1

UNEDITED

Please vote, comment, share and follow

~.~.~.~.~

"Ethan!" 'Middle guy' hollered, "Just the guy I was looking for!' He proceeded to slap Ethan's back like one of those bro things they do in the movies.

" What's wrong? Are you looking for me?" He spoke, staring down at me with a huge grin plastered on his face."What? You've turned to a stalker now?"

I almost laughed, "I'd rather stalk sand than look for you."

His grin didn't falter as he turned to 'middle guy', probably for an explanation.

"She wants to join the team," He replied, "To do that, she has to match with someone"

Ethan's left brow rose up instantly and he turned to me, staring me down. Slowly, his eyes started to wander from my head to my toes. I folded my arms to take a more intimidating stance but once he realized it, he started to shake with laughter.

Did he think I was weak? Because of my figure? What a sexist!

"What? What's so funny?" I probed.

He continued to silently laugh to himself and I swear I heard a few chuckles from behind me.

Such cowheads

Once his laughter died down, he looked me straight in the eye and spoke, "Do you really think you can beat me?"

I immediately smirked, "Positive"

~.~.~.~.~

Ethan had put on a shirt and was staring at me as I stood in front of him in the middle of the court—with coach inbetween us.

"I want a clean match." Coach spoke, twirling the ball in his hands as he looked at Ethan and I. "Begin!" Then he blew his whistle and threw the ball up.

Not bothering to jump up to hit the ball because of my height disadvantage, I watched as Ethan instantly pushed up and swiftly caught the ball.
Once he realized I wasn't moving, he just started at me. "You're supposed to try to catch the ball."

I laughed. "Like I would have actually caught it if I jumped."

"What if I didn't jump? You would have had a chance, you know?"he said.

"Do you even know the rules of this game?" He continued.

3......2.......1

The whistle sounded in the court. "Turn over!" Coach shouted, "Get your head in the game, Ethan!"

I swiftly, snatched the ball from his hands and made a way, bouncing the ball to my net. Then finding my favourite 3-pointer space, I swung the ball forward. The ball slammed hard on the wooden board before sliding down into the hoop.

"Woo-hoo!" I cheered, pumping my fist in the air.

A whistle sounded again and I ran forward to get the ball, but 'Middle guy' beat me to it, snatching the ball away seconds before I got there.

He bounced the ball, running towards his net with a quickly. Soon enough, he passed it to Ethan who also made a three-pointer right into the net.

"Woo-hoo!" Ethan mocked, using a high pitched voice to imitate me. He even added a little dance to his own, shaking his body in the most humiliating way ever.

"I do NOT sound like that!" I stomped my left foot.

"Really?" He taunted, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

With a frustrated groan, I continued playing. Running towards the ball and gripping it tight, I ran towards my net but before I could land a shot, the ball was stolen from me.