2: Cheers to Opportunities

𝚂𝚒𝚕𝚊𝚜 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚣

"I said a sausage McGriddle not a McMuffin" I complained to the dude at the drive through window. He rolled his eyes as the sliding door shut back. I shook my head taking myself off of mute.

"Darren?"

"Great you're back... alright let's continue our conversation" my manager spoke through the car speaker. "So with the rate of sales skyrocketing, a lot more people have been in tune with your line and copping the latest styles"

"Aye that's dope" one of my employers; Denzel said.

"So production needs to start picking up then"

"Correct and with you becoming more noticed. Celebrities have been reaching out hoping to collaborate with you on some red carpet events" I grabbed my bag from the guy and proceeded to drive off.

"Wait you serious?"

"As a heart attack; with the BET awards coming up, it would be great if we start setting up some sit downs with potential clients. This can get your name even bigger than it is" I took a sip from my drink reeling in what he said.

When I first started my line, I had confidence I could go far as getting my own store and being locally owned but to be above that is just crazy to think about. I chose my own path than what my father wanted. I built it from the ground up without any hand outs. Except when Saige do things behind my back to surprise me.

"Damn this is dope fr" I spoke with a huge grin.

"We will talk more about contracts when we have our meeting next week, sounds good everyone" there was a collective of voices agreeing as he began wrapping up our phone meeting.

"Oh one last thing, Peter from Desioba will be meeting with you later today to go over a potential partnership. I have a buddy of mine that will act as liaison until I'm in Arizona with you"

"Say less, thanks again Darren"

"You know I got you, stay safe" once we said our goodbyes I ended the call. I was prepared for my calendar to be busy as hell with all the projects I had lined up. I had a few more fashion shows, magazine shoots, and eventually red carpet deals.

It was only looking up for now on and I was loving it. Blessing after blessing had been sent my way and I couldn't be more thankful. I took a turn at the distribution building I currently work with to produce my line. I grabbed my McDonald's bag and drink before making my way inside.

"Wassup Silas" Denzel said once I walked near his desk. We slapped hands.

"Wassup man" I passed him his order I picked up along with my food. "I was about to pull a Madea"

He let out a laugh. "What happened?"

"Man this nigga at the speaker talm 'bout we done serving breakfast when it was still 15 minutes before lunch hour then after me arguing with ole dude, he took my order and purposely gave me the wrong shit"

"Calm down Jamal" he joked as I sucked my teeth.

"Mmcht, what's on the agenda today?" I took a sip from my orange juice as I rounded the desk. I met Denzel around the same time I met Kyrie on the cruise. We immediately hit it off and that's when I learned about his interest in creating clothes.