5: Jealousy

𝘚𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘪 𝘙𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯

     I walked into the office confused as to why everyone was gathered around the bulletin board. I walked closer trying to see what had everyone so fascinated.

"Hey what's going on?" I questioned. One of the girls next to me turned to look at me.

"Silas posted the winners and assignments" she said before turning back to get a closer look. I shrugged as I walked into the break room. I wasn't too pressed on what my assignment was since I planned to keep as much distant between us as possible.

I poured me a cup of coffee and helped myself to a complimentary muffin. They always had it stocked every morning. I added a few sugar packets to my coffee when the door open and chatter followed through.

"Congratulations" Zelle said in a sarcastic tone. I raised my eyebrow confused as Liv shrugged.

"Is there a problem?" I asked leaning on the counter. Zelle shrugged as she ate her apple.

"I mean I have tons of experience and years in this career and I didn't get picked but no there's not a problem love" I mugged her feeling offended.

"Girl what are you talking about" she smiled taking another bite.

"Silas picked you as one of the three to work alongside him" I stared at her in disbelief. I wasn't expecting to come close to winning nor did I want to. So much for my plan of avoiding him.

"Congrats Solani" Zelle said again as she walked out the break room.

"Don't take it to heart, she thinks her seniority should've outwit you"

"Mhm sure" I muttered before grabbing my things and walking out. I decided to push her little remarks to the back of my head, I didn't need her ruining my good day. I walked out towards my desk as Amira walked out gathering our attention.

"Alright let's get down to business, could the new hires please go to their assigned partner for this week" I watched as everyone stood and partnered up. I looked away confused on where this list was. I didn't see an email or announcement about us being paired with someone. I stood up grabbing a few things as I walked over towards her.

"Hey Amira" she glanced above her glasses as she motioned for me to follow her. "I was wondering who I was assigned with?"

"That would be me" I raised an eyebrow confused as she pushed her office door open. "My client requested your help"

"Requested? I'm not sure I follow" I took a seat as she gave me a small smile.

"Let me be honest" She sat her glasses on her desk as she clasped her hands together. "I had the opportunity to review your portfolio and I'm surprised Desioba hasn't reached out to you sooner."

She flipped a folder open containing some of my designs I submitted during the application process. "Like these are impeccable, did your last job not have enough resources to produce these?"

"Wow I definitely wasn't expecting you to say that" I cleared my throat. "—and pertaining to my other job, he never gave me the opportunity"

"That's a shame" she tapped her tongue against her teeth as she flipped through the drawings.

"May I ask who requested me?" As soon as I said that, the door to her office opened and that fine ass man from the elevator appeared. I didn't think I would see him again since we work on the opposite side of the building.

"Uh hi" I muttered observing him. He gave me a smile as he came to take a seat next to me.

"Well meet James Ricardo, our client" I raised an eyebrow as I glanced his way. "I know you'll be busy working alongside Mr.Hartz but James requested for you to be his personal designer"