3: Shockers!

𝘚𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘪 𝘙𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯

        You know when something exciting happens you continue to relive the moment over and over again. That was currently my situation. I was having major flashbacks of that night with Silas. I ended up calling ennessey the next morning, just freaking out.

All she did was laugh at me and said I was being dramatic. What happened between the two of us shouldn't have happened. Between all those shots throughout the night, I had planned on going home with somebody. Not him. He was the last person I expected to sleep with.

I walked into work actually excited. It was Monday meaning I could possibly get my first assignment. I waved at the receptionist before going to the elevator. I kept chanting that today would be a good day as I stepped in the elevator.

"Hold it please" I put my hand between as the doors opened and someone walked in. I couldn't help but take the sexy stranger in. He had on a nice suit with a diamond stud in one ear. The grey paired so well with his smooth brown skin. His beard had a fresh line up that paired with his clean fade. I didn't even realize I was staring so long till he gave a smile.

"I'm so sorry, what did you say" I cleared my throat feeling quite embarrassed. I can't believe this man saw me checking him out like that. Rookie mistake.

He let out a chuckle. "You're fine sweetheart, I was asking which floor" I pressed my lips together.

"Oh um 7 please" he pressed a finger over the number as the room went back to silence. Every so often I would steal a few glances.

"Sorry I'm James" he stuck his hand out with a smile as I slid mines into his.

"Solani, nice to meet you" he kissed the back of my hand as I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, are you new around here?" I nodded.

"Yeah I just started in the fashion department a week ago" he raised his eyebrows.

"That's impressive, I heard the department is very competitive with who they hire"

"You must work here" he nodded.

"Yeah I'm head of the business department here" It makes sense why he looked vaguely familiar. I saw him briefly at the orientation last week. I was too excited to even give him a honest look over. I regret that I didn't before because he was a catch to look at.

"Seems our conversation has come to an end, hopefully I'll see you around" James said as the doors opened. I wish it could have been a little longer before I departed ways.

"I hope so too, see you around James" he smiled as the doors slipped back closed and I made my way towards the break room. There were a few people in here eating breakfast or talking amongst themselves. I went to the espresso machine to make myself a cup of coffee. I needed a pick me up to get through the day.

"Hey Lani" I looked over as Liv and Zelle walked towards me with huge smiles. I gave them one back.

"Hey girls, enjoy your weekend"

"And did, I caught up on some of my reality shows" Zelle said as she poured some creamer into her coffee mug. I added a few sugar packets to mine.

"I was working per usual but I did enjoy my weekend" Liv said. I remember she told me she had a second job but didn't go into details of it.

"I bet you had a good weekend" Zelle said with a smirk.

"What are you talking about?"

"Remember the club, you was twerking on some sexy stranger, I couldn't see his face fully because of the lights" Liv said as she nudged my shoulder. I couldn't help the small smile as I shrugged my shoulders.