6: What is it gonna play?

𝚂𝚒𝚕𝚊𝚜 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚣

"What's good Darren" we slapped hands before I took a seat across from him. "You must be in a good ass mood"

"You will be as well" I grabbed my water, now interested in this surprised meeting. "I just got off the phone with CFDA"

He pulled up some information on his iPad before sliding it in my direction. "They said they are interested in including your work in the New York fashion show"

"You shitting me?" I questioned surprised. "How did my business come in their radar?" He smiled as I skimmed through the requirements.

"Miss Vera White, she is highly interested in your work and gave the organization your name"

"We haven't had the chance to meet and she already pulling me favors?" Darren chuckled.

"Speaking of, she will be flying in for a few days to check in before going back overseas" He clicked a few things. "CFDA is interested on the success of the upcoming show before considering you a spot"

"We really gotta be on our A game, huh" he nodded.

"Your selected three from Desioba will be coming in tomorrow to begin working on designs" I nodded.

"Damn I'm really on the come up"

"You deserve it, you built this from the ground up, it's about time people are recognizing you" The waiter came over as we placed our order. With everything happening so quickly, I needed to look into hiring more people on my team for production.

"Next let's talk about the photos that priya took" I nodded.

"You seen them? They look dope as hell" I worked with other photographers before but nobody beats Priya. She always turned nothing into something.

"They raw, it's gonna pair nice with the new web design" I rubbed my hands together excited to see everything unfold. Shortly after my fashion show, I met up with a web designer to reconstruct my page.

"I did want to talk to you about something" he closed his iPad as I took a sip from my water. He dropped the smile he had as we stared at one another. I cleared my throat to keep myself from laughing. I swear I can't take shit serious.

"Oh this is serious, let me get my jokes out real quick" he smirked shaking his head.

"This is why I like having these kind of conversations over the phone with you" I chuckled.

"Aight wassup tho?"

"Some talk has been going around about a scandal within your family" I raised an eyebrow confused.

"Pertaining to what?"

"Apparently your father was spotted with another woman in Georgia and with some divorce attorney" I sighed rubbing my head. The last thing we needed was the media meddling in our business. That would bring unwanted press my way. I've been doing good avoiding the media and staying low key. But with my brand becoming more well known, everything would start changing.

"So everything is speculation right now?" I questioned.

"So far yes but I wanted to ask you personally about your parents" I sighed nodding.