Chapter 4 - The Prospect Games & Stella gives birth

Because of all that had been going on with first Margie having her baby early and then Amanda coming two weeks early, combined with the weddings, honeymoons, and construction that was going on for not only the Rescue Center plus their expansion addition, not to mention having several rescues, the summer seemed to fly by and was consumed with getting the rescue center and the new addition outfitted with everything that was needed. The prospect games seemed to get pushed farther and farther back down the list of things that had to be done.

As Prez walked through the new addition, he was very happy with the way Leon had designed things. Instead of just adding on to the back of the building the way they had done last time, this time they added a whole new building. They would be able to dedicate the front part of the lower floor of the old building as "entertainment" areas for both club members and rescues and offices for operations.

Doc got a brand new clinic with not only a general exam room, there were now 6 dedicated patient rooms like in a hospital and he had a "medicine room" instead of just a cabinet. They also had added a new, full sized apartment for him and Melinda behind the new clinic that was located between the old building and was part of the new L-shaped addition that connected the two buildings making the compound into a "U" shape.

"The cooks" had worked closely with Leon to build an entire new dining hall and kitchen. Now the men would be able to get their coffee in the mornings without having to enter the kitchen at all thanks to the new coffee machine they had installed. Now all they had to do was put the empty pot under a dispenser, hit a button and wait for 3 minutes to get a full fresh pot of coffee. There was also a warming tray so that one pot could be kept hot while a new one brewed. It was very similar to a restaurant set up.

The cooks and prospects were loving it since it was easier to clean the regular size coffee pots than it had been to clean the huge countertop coffee maker. Not only that, they could carry a pot to a table to refill cups instead of having to run back and forth with cups to refill.

They had also added an elevator which had been a blessing with moving in the new furniture but would also be great when they had to move injured people and for the pregnant women later on.

If they had just added to the back of the building like they had originally planned, the halls would have felt like they had gone on forever. Prez remembered Rooster saying that they had made that mistake when they had done their addition a couple of years ago.

Now there were enough family sized apartments for 20 member families and they would still have a floor dedicated to rescues on the lower level in the new building in addition to the existing "single" ones in the old building, which they were planning on remodeling to reduce their sizes but that was a future project. They were hoping that with the new Rescue Center that was now open, they wouldn't be needing rooms at the club house for more than overnight stays.

For now the plan was that children and female rescues would be taken to the center but males would be housed at the clubhouse unless they decided not to become prospects.

Brigett and the women were a big help in shopping for the furnishings and actually got them some good deals on things that saved both places a small fortune. Prez was glad that they also managed to make use out of all of the furniture that had been taking up a bedroom on the third floor.

Since everyone in the clubhouse seemed to dislike the white furniture in some of their rooms, they gave it to the center and got new furniture for the clubhouse for those rooms. Members who had to go without their furniture for a couple of days got to pick their new furnishings and everyone was very happy with their new living arrangements.

Once things were settled down, they decided that they were going to remodel some of the main clubhouse but other things were taking precedence right now and that might have to wait.