Chapter 13 - The Grand Opening!

Tonight was the big celebration. Everyone at both the clubhouse and the rescue center had been running around preparing for it. Prez had so much to do that, thankfully, he hadn't had time to dwell on the "Booboo threat", as he had come to think of it as.

After all, the burden of proof would be on anyone coming after them and since Booboo didn't leave evidence behind he decided not to worry about it but had plans for Digger and Buzzard in the spring and for the rest of the men to scour the woods looking for any evidence of bones, especially skulls.

Rooster, Dixie and their kids, Hunter, Marley and their kids and 4 of the MSMC prospects arrived just before lunch time. Amanda had been so excited to meet Dixie and Marley and she hoped they would be able to stay at least for a couple of days.

As it got closer to dinner time, Prez and Amanda were both slightly nervous about the upcoming dinner party that they were partially hosting. Captain Joe, Mayor William Turner and the several members of the County Council would be attending the celebration that was to be held at the Rescue Center, in their dining hall since the clubhouse dining hall, even after the improvements, would not be big enough to hold everyone who would be coming tonight.

The Governor had expressed his regrets at not being able to attend tonight, for which Prez had been relieved, due to prior obligations that conflicted with it but he did send a representative to be there and Prez had been warned that the man coming was a "watchdog".

Leon, Tasha and Dot had all been to parties like these and had made sure to let the event coordinators know to make it plain on the invitations to dress warmly and casually since they would be outside for the fireworks display which was to be the highlight of the event.

Half an hour before everything was to officially begin, all of the men had decided that since the ride was so short and that the road had been well cleared, they would all ride their bikes down. Bikes were even provided to Rooster and Hunter and their wives would be riding with them.

Since Amanda and Stella both wanted to ride with their men, they had taken Daniel, Nick and the MSMC children down earlier and Margie was in charge of the prospects who were watching over them until they arrived. Their arrival alone created a very impressive scene, not to mention it was very noisy.

People who were already at the Center had been able to hear it when all of the bikes were started and as they came down the road. 42 riders arrived at the Center a few minutes later and everyone stayed mounted with their bikes running until every member was in the parking lot and in position, then together, they revived their engines one more time before shutting them down at the same time.

Dr. and Mrs. Allen, Leon and Tasha and all of the adult members of the families in addition to their honored guests all met them on the front steps and everyone clapped and cheered as they dismounted their bikes.

As always, Joe Jensen took the lead to usher everyone back inside, out of the cold, and into the dining room where most of the festivities were to be held. Once they were inside and seated, instead of introducing everyone individually, Joe made the announcements as to who was who and asked them to stand to be recognized. Then he made a small speech praising the Rescuer's MC for not only being the reason behind the Center and making it possible but for the majority of its construction.

"Without Prez and the men and women of the Rescuers MC, many of the children and young people who will benefit from our center would continue to face horrible cruelty, abuse, neglect and molestation. We would like to take this time to say, and it does not seem like nearly enough, but we do want you to know that we thank you!" Joe ended his speech and the applause that went around the room was deafening.

Prez stood up and pulled Amanda up to stand next to him. As soon as the applause died down, Prez said, "We are glad that we are able to stop their suffering and to find the ones we have been able to save a place where they no longer need to fear anymore of what they had been suffering through. That is the primary mission of our organization and one we will continue to do until we are no longer needed.

But tonight I would like to lead us in a prayer of thanks before we enjoy our meal and the festivities to follow." Prez said and heads all around the room bowed as he began the prayer.

"Lord, tonight we wish to collectively say thank you for your help in not only allowing us to do what we do to rescue those in need but for helping us to provide this wonderful new facility which is solely for their benefit.

Folks, if you have been a rescue of ours, please stand at this time." Prez called out and the scraping of chairs was deafening as almost everyone in the room stood up. The looks on the faces of not only the mayor but the county council members and the governor's watchdog was almost comical when they saw not only children but the men and women of the families and almost the entire MC club stood up.

Anthony Morocco had also shown up for the event and he had to cover his mouth to keep from laughing at the sight of the dropped jaws of people who had no idea of just how much this facility was really needed or of what it meant to those who would be benefiting from it.

To end his prayer, Prez said, "Lord, all I ask is that you continue to allow us to do your work to save these precious souls from harm. In Jesus' name we pray."

"Amen." went around the room.