•Eight•

•Game Night Drama•

The next day while Naomi and Keenly were away at school, Michelle and Eric were at the church getting everything prepared for game night. They were setting up tables, church games, and chairs, and Michelle was laying out snacks for everybody. While she was doing that Michelle also explained to Eric what she witnessed last night after Naomi came home from work.

"I'm telling you Eric, that girl was on the phone with some boy up until three a.m. last night," Michelle explained.

"Did she mention his name?" Eric asked.

"No!" Michelle exclaimed, "But I heard a boy's voice and I think it was Ricky's. Because like I said he was blowing up her phone talking about how much he needed her. And when I asked her about it she said it was 'nothing' yet you were on the phone with him last night."

Eric responded, giving her the benefit of the doubt, "Baby you never know she could've been watching Netflix or maybe a movie. I highly doubt she would be on the phone-"

"-Eric don't play with me, I am not crazy! I know what I heard!" Michelle exclaimed defensively.

Eric sighed, "Well I'll talk to her about it, okay?"

"No there's no point!" Michelle replied, "You won't do anything but suck up to her as usual."

"You know what Michelle?" Eric snapped, "What's the point of you telling me things about our daughters if you don't like the way I parent? I promise you come complaining to me about our kids all the time and when I want to input my opinion, all of sudden my voice doesn't matter anymore."

Michelle folded her arms, "Well maybe if you'd stop being so soft and direct these girls the way you're supposed to. Then maybe I'll let you throw in your two senses!"

Eric got defensive and said, "Michelle being a parent isn't a one-person thing. It's where two parents are supposed to be on the same page to deal with their children. You're not allowing me to step in and defuse the situation."

"That's because you don't help the situation!" Michelle stated, "You don't ever put your foot down, the girls are always crying to you for help-"

Eric interrupted, "-You know out of all the fatherless kids in this world, you'd think that you would be more happy that I'm even present in my kids' life to correct their wrongs."

"EXCUSE YOU!" Michelle exclaimed.

"No don't excuse me, Michelle!" Eric shot back,
"Just because I choose not to beat my kids with a rod does not mean that I'm soft on my kids. I prefer talking to them in a way they can understand, versus beating my girls and teaching them that this is how a man is supposed to treat you."

"Well sometimes instead of sparing the rod, use the rod when it's needed." Michelle responded, "It feels like every time we talk about the girls, nothing ever changes. They continue to behave the same way, and you keep treating them like babies. If I had known years ago that you would parent like this, I might have been better off on my own."

Eric asked, "Now just wait a minute Michelle, what do you mean you would've been better off on your own!?"

Knock*knock*knock*