Chapter Six:

Clayton arrived home with the door kicked it.

Sam leaning against the wall, his breathing shallow.

Clayton called 192 for an ambulance straight away, without even a thought.

The glass crunching under his feet as he crouched by his best friend's side.

"Fucking prick, those fucking little bitches! We didn't stand a chance Clay!" Sam said, his voice uneven with shock as he tried to move.

He looked up to Clayton, holding his palm against his shoulder. His lips tight with pain.

"Hold on Sammy," Clayton said, putting pressure on another wound on his stomach as he yelled.

FUCK! Sam was in a bad way Clayton thought.... His subconscious gave him a twenty-five percent survival rate.

"Ruth!" Daniel pushed past him as he ran to the small shadow of a person, leaning against the bathroom door.

In his panic, he scooped up Ruth in his arms. His face filled with fear as he cradled her face. Clayton could see the blood through her damp hair. Black and blue shades patches all over her body.

She was holding up her hand up as her missing left finger became obvious. Blood dripping down her palm and down her forearm.

Ruth signed, pain written all over her face as Daniel held her close.

P   H   I   L    I   P

Clayton's blood drained from his face. Chills overwhelming his system.

Fuck!

"Clayton?" a small voice whispered as he turned towards the front door.

He saw Alice, she was holding herself. Tears flooding down her face. Arms crossed as her waist as her eyes flicked around the room, mostly darting between Samuel and Ruth. Her body visibly shaking as she sobbed.

"Alison. Look at me! I need you to focus. Go to Ruth's bedroom and grab her bag. It has medical supplies. Then towels. Bathroom," Clayton said, trying to keep her calm as her eyes flicked between Sam's fading body and Clayton eyes once again.

"He needs our help. Go!" Clayton yelled assertively at her, pointing towards the bedroom.

Alice backed up a little, before nodding. She quickly ran into the bedroom. Within seconds, she placed the bag down beside Clayton with a loud thud. She quickly ran to the bathroom and after hearing what sounded like glass breaking, Alice quickly returned with the towels, dropping them at her feet.

"Good. Thank you. Now, I've called the ambulance. Please, Alison. Go wait out for them. Just outside the door. Not the street. Understand?" Clayton said, he made sure he spoke a little slower, realizing Alice was starting to panic again.

"Alison!" he yelled a little louder, her eyes welled.

She nodded. Walking out the front door. Clayton heard her sit down on the front step.

"Clay. I'm sorry. Look, it's ok. I'm going home. Tell my mom and daughter, I'm sorry," Samuel said, emotion filling his voice.

Clayton looked down at him as he placed more pressure on his stomach. Sam groaned as Clayton worked to keep him alive.

"Don't Sammy. You are not going to die today. I promise!" Clayton pleaded.

He was so close to losing it.

Fuck! God. Don't you fucking take my best friend Clayton pleaded. His subconscious screaming towards the sky, Sam's blood on his hands.

Samuel's eyes closed, rolling back, as the ambulance pulled up.