Chapter 2- First Impressions

(Apos P.O.V.)

The air was thick and dense. Our winters in Bangkok seemed to be getting even colder. I wasn't too sure of it being purely based off the ecosystem though. Perhaps, it was a result of the ice prince himself. I scoffed and tugged on my scarf. Wrapping it tightly around my neck. I walked step by step letting the anxiety eat at me.

'Fuck Apo. You've been in the industry for how long? Why are you fidgeting like a newbie?' I couldn't help it. I was overthinking the entire situation. Was I underdressed? What if the CEO doesn't even like me? I mean. I did already have the job. This was just a consultation about my schedule with the CEO!? Whose name I've already forgotten. Fuck. Trish is going to be so mad.

I made my way around the corner. Continuously repeating the address to myself. I must've looked crazy to passerby's. I did notice a few questionable glances headed my way. I let my feet come together as I stared at what I can only say was the biggest building I've ever seen in my entire life. It might be an exaggeration, but this building felt like it was on one to one terms with God himself. The building was floor to ceiling windows. It screamed rich and powerful. Intimidation almost felt like an understatement. I was rethinking my entire outfit, let alone my existence, when I felt my phone ring in my pocket.

I swiftly pulled out my phone and stared at the caller ID

'TRISH THE BADDEST BITCH'

Not my idea of a caller ID by the way. Trish so happened to get ahold of my phone while I was busy and switched her contact name from 'boss :)' to whatever the fuck that was. I do admit though. It brought a smile to my face everytime I looked at it. So, I don't dare change it.

"Yes, my personal demon."

"I know you're nervous Apo! I smell the nerves from all the way over here."

"You're better than some police dogs I swear."

"How are you feeling?"

Her playful tone dropped. It felt like she was nervous alongside me. She knew me inside out. She probably predicted I would be just as nervous. She would always say, 'I know you're nervous, stop it, I feel you passing it to me.'

"I don't know, I'm nervous. I guess. I'm just standing outside this rich ass building wondering if I'm underdressed."

"First of all, shut the fuck up, because you could be wearing a literal garbage bag and men would still fall for that pretty face. Second of all, don't be nervous. You're the most talented person I know."

I sighed. Overthinking getting the best of me again. Letting the cold air pierce my lungs. I naturally tried slowing my heart rate down with deep breaths.

"I swear, this industry is going to kill me."

I heard a soft scream from the phone calling for Trish to return to rehearsals. She scoffed and yelled a complaintful 'wait!'

"Okay, I have to go, but I want you to do something for me. When you get inside, go to the bathroom, take off that scarf and sweater you always wear, and put it in your bag. Unbutton the first three buttons of your white shirt, and respritz that perfume I gifted you that I always hide in the first zipper."

"Wait why-"

"No time to explain, I have to go!"

"Oh! Before I forget, what was the name of the CE-"

The end tone quickly brought me back to reality. Slipping my phone back in my pocket. I tightened my jacket. The sound of the wind swirling around me. Reminding me that I was once again alone.