Chapter 4- The Party

(Apos POV)

"Gather around everyone!"

We were now at the end of Miles Thai tour. Mile successfully performed 5 shows. Three back to back at the Rajamangala Stadium. The last two in his home town in Kalasin. The Kalasin capacity was only supposed to be an expected 5,000  park attendees. However an extra 20,000 thousand flocked into the open field. He was all over the news. This concert miracle was making headlines. There wasn't a newspaper around without Miles' face plastered on the front cover.

This last performance marked the end to a beginning. We looked with high hopes towards the international tour. According to Mr. Palathai, tickets sales looked extremely promising, We were currently in a huddle. The entire team was invited to a special celebration party. Our biggest conference room was opened for the party. On behalf of these tremendous feats being made. Miles arm was wrapped around Mr. Palathai and Mr. Pong. I was straight across from them. My arms were occupied by Pam and the lightning director from the Rajamangala Stadium. I was wearing a comfortable pair of slacks. A tucked in white T-shirt, paired with a set of black and white converse high tops. Our outfits were on theme for 'Comfortable business attire.' However Mile was in a stunning black suit. That man truly never disappointed with his outfits.

"On behalf of myself and the staff. I want to give a big thanks to everyone. Let's continue to work hard and persevere."

He huddled in closer. Everyone cheered. 'Mile Phakphum! Mile Phakphum!' being chanted from the attendees. We released and everyone went to their seats for a final toast. Mr. Palathai got the microphone. Slowly raising it to his lips.

"Drinks are on us! Everyone please enjoy yourselves. Once again, thank you for being here. Cheers!"

Raised glasses in the air. Claps arose from the onlookers. People heading over to Mile in small groups to congratulate him.

As the evening passed. Somewhere along the way, the DJ was brought in. Staff were on the floor dancing to the music. Along those staff were Pam. Who you could tell was obviously drunk. Everyone in that room seemed drunk. The entire congratulatory occasion seemed very fitting for a fun shit faced moment. People were wobbling around the room. Others were calling lyft services, as they couldn't even walk straight. I had about 4 glasses of wine. I was definitely feeling good. However, out of everyone in that room. I was definitely the most sane.

As I walked across the floor to grab some sweets from the desert table. I caught a glimpse of Mile. He was watching me. I wondered if he wanted something. Just as I collected my thoughts my phone rang. I pulled my phone out, and my mom appeared on the caller I.D.

"Apo?"

"M-Mom!? Sorry! I can't quite hear you-"

"Apo- Sudas asking for you dear."

"Suda? Does she need something?"

"She can't sleep dear, and she's asking for you."

"Mom I'm at the party for my job right now, can she wait?"

I knew Suda couldn't. Suda's everything to me. Therefore, It seems like the only person she can trust is me.

"No dear, I've already tried. I'm sorry. I promise I tried."

I sighed.

"Okay give me an hour, the traffic is pretty bad right now. I also need to quickly grab my stuff. Tell her I'll bring her a cupcake."

"Thank you Apo! I love you!"

"Love you too mom."

I hung up and took a deep breath in and out. Oh well. Things happen. I quickly found myself out of the party room and into the small wardrobe room. I kept my things hidden away, so as to not let it take up any seats for the attendees. I spotted my bag and quickly settled my stuff inside. I turned around at the door being opened and closed.