Chapter 6- Our Holiday

The fireplace crackled. Letting the flames light the brick coated fireplace. The clock ticked in silence. Empty air was filling between all of us. Mile and I sat shoulder to shoulder facing my mom and Suda. Hands on our knees in a sheepish manner. Fingers tapping nervously.

"Um... well...Hello..."

Mile spoke and quickly quieted back down. Freshly brewed tea in Miles hands. Mom scrambled to make it after she saw the 'A-List Celebrity' that was sitting in our home. We all sipped nervously. However, Sudas mouth has stayed agape in awe.

"Mom this is Mile Phakp-"

"I know who this is Apo!"

She turned to Mile and continued smiling. Both of them were staring. Looking at him as if God himself was sitting in our living room.

"I-I'm sorry dear, Apo never told us he was painting one of the biggest celebrities in Thailand."

She continued smiling. Turning slightly to me. Eyes piercing mine. She was for sure going to kill me.

"Mile, this is Suda."

He looked at her and smiled.

"Hi Suda! I've heard a lot about you and those wonderful bracelets you make."

Eyes turning into perfect crescent moons. Suda looked at me. Cheeks quickly turning red. She stood up, bowed, and rushed to her room."

"Suda? Suda! Come back!"

I looked over to the now vacant spot on the couch.

"I'm sorry Mile, she's honestly very shy."

My mom chuckled. Her fingers anxiously fidgeting.

"She's actually a really big fan. Well, so am I. Apo bought Suda your CD on her last birthday. She plays it constantly. Plus I have your latest album on special edition vinyl."

Her cheeks also deepening shades of red.

"I knew Mile looked familiar! What a coincidence!"

I laughed and looked at Mile who did not look the slightest bit amused.

"I didn't know you were a big fan Apo."

He chuckled softly. His hair falling down and framing his face. I scoffed. Leaning closer to his ear. Making sure to let my breath fan his neck. As I whispered softly.

"Me? A big fan? Exactly who's the fan of who?"

His face twitched. Eyes slightly widening. Our faces were so close. Once again forgetting where we were. As I felt his eyes dart to my lips. I pulled away. I stood up, picking at our now empty tea cups.

"Well as much as I'd let you stay here and gawk at him mother. It's late and I know he's tired. Can you help me bring some pillows and blankets."

She looked at me in disbelief. As if I spoke absolute blasphemy.

"Absolutely not! Apo, give him your bed."

Mile stood up. Shaking his hands to motion a hurried no.

"Oh no! Dont worry about me. I'm perfectly capable on the couch."

He smiled sheepishly. Looking at my mom in almost a pleading manner.

"No dear! I could never have you sleep on the couch! You will sleep in Apos' room."

"And where am I going to sleep!?"

"On the couch."

Was she insane? Not only were Mile and I barely fixing our relationship. Now I was going to be forced to sleep next to him. I was not sleeping on the couch, that I knew for a fact.