𝟎𝟔

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"Father! Your back! You're really here!"
Juliette said as she ran into her father's arms. Tears of joy streamed down Juliette's face as she held onto her father tightly, unable to believe that he was finally home after so long. She had missed him more than words could express, and she felt an overwhelming sense of relief and happiness in his embrace.

Juliette and her father had a type of relationship that people would envy, filled with love, trust, and understanding. There was no bad blood, and there was never a moment of doubt or resentment between them. And now, with him back by her side, she knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, stronger than ever.

He held her hand as he guided her to the sofa, and they sat down together. With a flick of his hand, the maids and butlers scattered away as Declan signaled for privacy.

"I heard about a little incident with a girl; her name is Hana. Is that right?" Declan's face turned sour as he mentioned Hana's name. Juliette could sense his disapproval and concern, knowing that her father had always been protective of her.

"My men told me that you took care of her," he continued, his voice laced with relief as he sat on his big brown leather chair, sipping on the tea the maid had carefully bought. Juliette nodded, understanding her father's concern. She reassured him, "Yes, Dad, I handled the situation and made sure she wouldn't cause any trouble again."

His gaze was cold, boring into her as he questioned, "And what exactly did you do to handle it?" Juliette felt a pang of guilt, realizing that she hadn't been entirely honest with her father about the extent of her involvement.

"Something that you would be proud of," she replied confidently as his eyes suddenly returned to their usual warmth. He smiled, proud of his daughter's maturity and responsibility.

"That's my girl," he said as he stood up and patted her back. "I knew I raised you right. Just remember, if there's anything else you need to tell me, don't hesitate to do so." Juliette nodded, grateful for her father's understanding and support.

Juliette slowly started to yawn as she rubbed her eyes. Little moments like this still make Declan's heart melt, as he still sees Juliette as his little girl.

"Aigo, my daughter, you must be tired; go; you should rest and take care of yourself," he said, concern evident in his voice.

Juliette smiled as she stood up and gave her father a final hug before she went upstairs and crashed onto her bed. She couldn't help but feel fortunate to have such a loving and caring father who always puts her well-being first. As she closed her eyes, she knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, she could count on her father to be there for her, providing guidance and reassurance.

As soon as Juliette disappeared into her bedroom, her father's face turned cold, as his face that once smiled with warmth was now straight and emotionless. He let out a heavy sigh before he ordered the bulter to bring out whiskey.