Chapter 7: The journey to Isengard.

Aragorn's POV.
Arneth, Gimli and I are killing Uruk-Hai left right and centre when we heard Théoden's voice. "Gimli! Aragorn! Arneth! Get out of there.". We move towards the gate but, an Uruk stop Gimli and I. We killed the bastard and I turn to look at Théoden. As Théoden's face is covered I see horror on his face. I was confused as to what could have caused the horror when I hear the most terrifying thing. "ARAGORN! TUA AMIN! (Help me)" Arneth screams. I panic and start fighting my way towards her but the bastards kept swarming around us. "ARNETH, NOOO." Legolas, Gimli and I yell. I see her start struggling against the Uruk. "EDRAITH ENNI! (Save me)" she yells and then she starts to cry. I fight harder, determined to get to her but only hear her scream, "LEITHIO NIN! (Release me)" at the Uruk who has continued to walk through the crowd. We continue to yell her name but now Théoden has joined in from inside the gate. I start to panic as the more Uruks I kill the more of the bastards take their place. "ARAGORN, GI MELLON. DON'T GIVE IN. KEEP FIGHTING STAY ALIVE! GI MELLON." She screams and I can hear the tears in her voice. "GI MELLON, ARNETH. GI MELLON." I shout. Realising then that I could lose her I panic even more. Not hearing Legolas call my name, not until a rope hit my shoulder. I grab Gimli with one hand and the rope with the other. We are pulled up but as we go I kick an Uruk in the face. It just laughed. Legolas grabs my shoulder as I hear shouts for retreat. He pulls me along with them but I don't notice. I'm numb. Arneth, where are you?

We are now in the keep and Théoden keeps saying that we should just give in. That there's nothing more we can do! There's always something to do! I need to survive so I can save my sister, I'll need to find her first but I know that I will, then I'll kill the asshole that took her. "The fortress is taken. It is over." Théoden says and this time, it annoys the crap out of me. "You said this fortress would never fall while your men defend it. They still defend it. They have died defending it." I say to him. I think for a moment then ask, "Is there no other way for the women and children to get out of the caves? Is there no other way?". "There is one passage. It leads into the mountains. But they will not get far the Uruk-Hai are too many." Gambling tells me. The Uruks ram the gate again and I know we have to give the women time to get out. I turn to him and say, "Tell the women and children to make for the mountain pass. And barricade the entrance!". Théoden is still lost in his own world. "So much death. What can Men do against such reckless hate?" he says. "Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them." I say and this catches his attention. "For death and glory." he scoffs. I shake my head and say, "For Rohan. For your people.". "The sun is rising." Gimli says. I look at the sunlight coming in the window and remember Gandalf's words to me; Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn look to the east. Théoden seems to be getting excited now and I can tell he's on board with this. "Yes. Yes. The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the Deep on last time." he says. "Yes!" Gimli says. I tell you that Dwarf is game for anything. "Let this be the hour when we draw swords together." Théoden tells me. Gimli runs up a stairway to get to the giant horn at the top.

"Fell deeds, awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red dawn." Théoden says. Gimli blows the horn just as the gate opens. "Forth Eorlingas!" Théoden calls. Legolas, Théoden and I along with some other riders kill the Uruks as they come through the gate. As we ride outside I can hear the flag flapping in the wind. As we reach the battlefield I look to where the sun is rising and spot a white horse rearing on its hind legs. "Gandalf." I sigh in relief. Then suddenly the Rohirrim appears and ride towards us. "Éomer." Théoden says as Éomer yells; "To the King!". As the Uruks get their spears in position the light hits their faces and blinds them. Soon enough the battle is over as the Rohirrim and Gandalf fight alongside us. "Victory! We have victory!" Théoden yells. Gandalf then pulls up beside Legolas and I. "Is Arneth in the keep with Gimli that she is not out here with you?" he asks. I can feel the blood drain from my face and I look away. I hear Legolas explain what happened and Gandalf mutters "Saruman" under his breath. He spent the rest of the day planning the passage back to Edoras with Théoden but they would not let me into the room. I just need my sister. I pray that she is ok.

Arneths POV.
It has only been a day but already my body can't take it. I'm battered, bruised and broken in body but never will they break my spirit. I hear someone enter the room but don't lift my head. It hurts too bloody much. "All this trouble could have been avoided if you had just given us the information we want to know." Bogon says and I hear Guron laugh. I look up at Bogon and spit in his face. "Amin feuya ten' lle. (You disgust me)" I manage to pant out. Bogon laughs at me then punches me in the stomach and I scream. Suddenly Saruman comes running into the room looking panicked. "The Ents are attacking!" he tells the Orcs. Next thing I know is I'm lying at his feet. Using all the strength I can I push myself up into a standing position. "Arneth, I can make all this pain go away. You just need to tell me what gift you posses and how it works and the pain stops. Or we will just transport you to Mordor and have your future husband get the information from you." he coos at me. I nod my head and limp closer to him then act as if I'm going to whisper in his ear before punching him in the face. He grabs my hair and pulls me out onto the balcony. "I can drop you over right now and you'd drown or be stood on by the Ents. So pull that nasty little trick again and you're dead!" he says into my ear.

I struggle against his grip and pray that Aragorn's alive and coming to find me. Suddenly a really big tree walks into view with two odd shapes in his branches. As he keeps walking I notice the shapes are moving. "Saruman, you have lost! Give yourself up." the tree says as it walks closer. Saruman threw me against the rail of the balcony and I crumpled to the ground. Looking through the gaps in the rail I can finally make out what the two odd shapes are. It's Merry and Pippin. I slide to the furthest corner of the balcony and pull myself up. Saruman doesn't notice me as he is too focused on the tree. Crap! I can't get their attention without alerting Saruman to the fact that I wasn't where I'm supposed to be. In a heap on the ground. I decide to chance it. "Merry.... Pippin." I whisper. Nothing they can't hear me. So I try again this time actually talking, still nothing. So it looks like I have to do this. "MERRY, PIPPIN HELP ME." I yell. They look over towards me and gasp. Then all hell breaks loose Pippin is running along the trees arm towards me and Merry is asking the tree to help me. It looks at me as I reach my hand towards Pippin who grasps my hand and tries to pull me over the rail and I scream in pain. The tree roars at Saruman. "YOU BEAT UP A FRIEND OF THE HOBBITS. A LADY AT THAT. NOW YOU HAVE NO CHOICE. YOU WILL DIE IN HERE!" the tree roars. Merry and Pippin are trying to help me over the rail now but I'm suddenly yanked backwards. Guron lifts me by the throat and I start struggling to breathe. I can hear the hobbits yelling and I manage to get one word out before the world goes black.

That word :Run.

My last thought was about my brother.

___________________________________________________________
Hey guys,
Pretty sure you know the drill by now.
Enjoy,

~Annacricket