Chapter two: The Plague of Memories..

Arneths POV.
Then next time I opened my eyes I stared at the ceiling. Where am I? How did I get here? I pushed myself up into a sitting position and focused on the room I was in. Suddenly, the door opened and I screamed as loud as I could. I dived out of the bed and landed in a crouch on the floor, my hand going for my sword that.... wasn't there. Where are my weapons? I stood up looking at the person in the doorway before I calmed down, then sprinted to them and hugged them tight. Merry and Pippin looked startled as I did this and then they unfroze. "Arneth are you alright? Are you in pain? Shall we go get Gandalf?" Merry said in a rush. I just shook my head. "No I'm fine, it's just I'm so happy to see you. You're alive! How-" I stopped as I was tormented by the images flashing through my head. My memories. The beatings, the interrogations, everything. I backed away from Merry and Pippin and when I reached the far wall I slid down it and hugged my knees to my chest burying my face in my knees. "Arneth are you ok?" Pippin asked. Then I remembered that sick, disembodied voice in my head and I started to shake. Not just gently but violently. Merry ran out of the room as Pippin inched closer to me. When he reached my side he sat down beside me and held onto my arm. He said nothing but knew exactly what I needed. Silence and support. A few minutes later I hear the sound of feet running towards the room. I looked up as Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Théoden, Éomer and Merry ran into the room.

Gandalf came straight over to me and sat on my other side. "My dear, I healed your body but your mind you must heal yourself. Push back those memories, you are no longer there. Nobody here will hurt you, you are safe," he said to me. I nodded and focused on pushing those hideous memories into the back of my mind. I slowly got off the floor and looked at each person in the room, before smiling and jumping around trying to give Éomer hugs and telling him how sorry I was for threatening him. Then I spoke to Gimli who told me he killed more Uruks than Legolas in Helms Deep. Legolas protesting this saying it was untrue. I laughed hard at the pair who hated each other so much now bicker like siblings. Although, it was endearing to say the least. I was then informed of the fall of Saruman and I let myself have a few tears of joy. I will not miss that piece of scum. Then Aragorn said that he had my weapons in his room and I gave him a hug. Then Théoden announced that it was time for me to get ready for the celebration as Éowyn walked in with a blue dress for me. I smiled and thanked her as she walked out. A little while later, after I bathed and dressed, I braided my hair and made my way to the throne room where the celebration was being held. I bowed to Théoden as I entered and made my way to stand beside Gandalf. As I passed her, Éowyn handed me a cup. "Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. Hail the victorious dead!" Théoden announced into the quiet of the room. "Hail!" we all chorused back as we lifted our cups in honour and respect. I was wandering around the room when I heard Éomer say, "No pauses. No spills.". Curious I walked over and saw he was addressing a group of men containing Gimli and Legolas. "And no regurgitation." Gimli added. "So it's a drinking game?" Legolas asked. The men around him lifted their cups and shouted "Ai!" as one. "Last one standing wins!" Gimli announces. Then one of the men says, "What'll we drink to? Let's drink to victory! To victory!" They all yell and begin to gulp at their drinks. Two men have dropped out and it's just Legolas and Gimli now. I look on amused as both Legolas and Gimli are handed another cup each. "Here, here. It's the Dwarves that go swimming, with little hairy women." Gimli says as he finishes his cup. I look towards Legolas then who is looking intently at his hands. "I feel something. A slight tingle in my fingers. I think it's affecting me." he says in a voice filled with... curiosity. "What did I say? He can't hold his liquor." Gimli announces drunkenly before he passes out and I laugh. Legolas smiles as he announces, "Game over.".

I then walked away to a corner of the room and smiled as Merry and Pippin start to sing and dance on a table top.
"Oh you can search far and wide,
You can drink the whole town dry,
But you'll never find a beer so brown,
As the one we drink in our hometown.
You can drink your fancy ales,
You can drink 'em by the flagon,
But the only brew for the brave and true," Pippin has gotten distracted by something. I follow his gaze and see he is staring at Gandalf. Wonder what's going on there? Then Merry yells "Pippin" before they finish their song.
"But the only brew for the brave and true, Comes from The Green Dragon!". Then they clink their cups together and drink as fast as they can. "Thank you! I win." Merry says. "Thank you!" Pippin repeats. Suddenly I'm feeling rather hot and I decide to step outside. Staring out over the plains of Rohan I rested against a pillar. I felt a presence behind me and I smiled. "Hello Legolas." I greeted him. "Arneth, what're you doing out here?" he asked me. He put my cape around my shoulders and fastened it from behind me. "I just needed some air, thank you for my cloak." I reply. Why does my heart flutter whenever Legolas is close by?  Because you're in love with him you fool, my conscience yells at me. "Arneth, there's something I want to talk to you about. It's been on my mind for a long time. And well-" he stopped. Now he has caught my attention. I turn to face him. He looks at me as if he's memorising my face. The next thing I'm aware of is Legolas gently pressing his lips against mine. When he pulls back I gasp. "I've been wanting to do that for some time, Arneth I must tell you how I feel about you. Gi mellon, Arneth." he says softly.

Did Legolas just tell me he loves me? I stare at him in shock. "Arneth say something.... Please." he sounds worried now. "Legolas. I don't know what to say. Well, other than I love you too." I whisper the last bit. Suddenly, my feet are no longer on the ground and I'm being spun around like a ragdoll. Legolas is laughing and I can say it's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. The door opens behind us and Aragorn walks out. "It's about time mellon. Arneth I'm happy for you!" he declares. I smile as Legolas tucks me into his side. Then the three of us just stood there staring out over the plains of Rohan. Until Legolas declared in a serious voice: "The stars are veiled. Something stirs in the east. A sleepless malice.". He then faces Aragorn. "The eye of the enemy is moving." he announces. I shiver and Legolas holds me closer. Another while later I get a weird feeling in my head. "He is here," Legolas yells as he sprints inside, followed by Aragorn. I go to take off after them but crumple to the ground in pain.
My darling, you know this is unfortunate but well, I need to know how your gift works.
Damn it, Sauron is back in my head, how?
Your little friend found the palantír.
Pippin a face flashes in my mind. I start to panic as I see him writhing in pain in my head.
This can all stop if you tell me Arneth. I will find out.
Please, don't hurt him. Leave him alone.
If you agree to tell me how your gift works I'll release him.
I try to push him out of my mind.
Come now Arneth, don't be so difficult.
A fresh wave of pain hits me and I scream. I get to my feet and start moving towards the door. I have to help Pippin. Another wave of pain hits me and I am forced to my knees because if the pain.
Don't resist me Arneth, we are meant to be. You'll rule over Middle Earth by my side. Forever.
I will never. Ever. Be by your side. I don't know what you are talking about, I don't have a gift. Please just stop.
I see Arneth, you have chosen the hard way. I'll see you very soon darling!
I stand again but just as I do another wave of pain hits. The door opens just in time for the remainder of the Fellowship to see my body contort in pain as I collapse and fall backwards down the stairs. As I go the memories that had all but ceased to exist since Legolas declared his love for me came back to plague me. I hate Sauron now, more than ever!

____________________________________________________________
Hey guys,
Here you go. Sorry it took so long.
You know the drill by now.
Love yas,

~Annacricket.