Chapter one.

I do not own any of the Tolkien characters, places or events that occur in The Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit.I only own the characters that I have come up with, and you should know which ones they are!
Arneth( Ar-neth) is Aragorn's little sister.
Hope you like it.

Arneth's POV.
Today it is peaceful, not that it isn't peaceful everyday in Rivendell. This is my tenth year here. I've lived here ever since that fateful day when my parents passed away. We were travelling from Minas Tirith to Rohan for a meeting between my father and the King of Rohan when we were ambushed. There were orcs and wargs everywhere. I close my eyes unable to bear the memories.

Flashback.

I'm eight years old sitting on front of my mother on her horse Loborwen as we are on our way to the Hall of Edoras, the seat of the King of Rohan. We have about fifty knights with us because father is paranoid. I have an older brother but he has been sent away to study how to become a "perfect" King. Whatever that means! He's ten years older than me (I know Aragorn is older in the books but for the sake of this story he will be 28) and I don't see that much of him. We are trotting along calmly when suddenly I hear a very loud growl and the horses stop. Father looks quite scared and grabs the reins of Loborwen to pull us closer to him. Mother grabs his arm and asks "What is wrong Arathorn?". He shushes her and she pales. "What's going on Daddy?" I ask. He smiles at me,"Nothing my darling, we just need to stay here for a moment.". I nod my head and start braiding Loborwen's mane. Suddenly, I see a big dog, wolf thing come running towards us. I wonder what it is!

My father is shouting things at the knights like "prepare" and "they are nearly upon us!". My father turns to mother and I and pulls me to him. "Darling we need to get you out of here, whatever happens know that your mother and I love you! Find your brother and give him this. He will understand then what has happened. If we survive then we will come and find you. We love you so much our brave daughter, our Arneth!" he says. He hugs me tight and kisses my forehead and lifts me back onto Loborwen. Mother takes her chain off and clasps it around my neck. "My sweet treasure, we love you but you must go now. Hador will take you to safety. I love you until the last breath of the world." she says and hugs me kissing my forehead too. "Go now, Hador get her out of here they will be here shortly!" my father yells. Then Hador rides up next to Loborwen and lifts me onto his horse on front of me. I look at my mother and father and they are both crying. Then I start to cry and try to get of Hador's horse. He puts one arm around me and grips the reins with the other and kicks his horse into a gallop. I look back over my shoulder to witness the horrific sight of my mother and father being torn apart by the wargs while the Orcs watch on.
We continue to ride away when suddenly the horse whinnies in pain and Hador falls off of him. I look down at Hador and see him wrestling an Orc. I look around and see we have been sent straight into an ambush. Hador has killed about five Orcs now and then an arrow appears in his back. I scream as I'm pulled off the horse by a White Orc. But, Hador is a man of Gondor and they do not depart this world without a fight. "Let go of her Orc and I will spare your life." he says. The Orc behind me laughs "I'm Azog the great. You would not be able to defeat me." it says. Hador retorts with "If you are so great then why haven't I heard of you?". This seems to infuriate Azog further and he throws his sword at Hador. I scream again and cry harder. Hador whispers "Forgive me Princess, I have failed you" and with that he takes his last breath. Then
the Orc picks me up and they start to run.

We have been running for days now and the Orcs are asleep. I have woken up because I hear people whispering. I see them move towards the Orcs, one person for each of the twenty Orcs there and knock an arrow into their bows. One comes over beside me and scoops me up walking towards their horse. Then I hear someone shout a command, screams, then nothing. "Noro lim, Asfaloth" a lady said and the white horse began to move. "What is your name little one?" the lady asks. "M-my n-name is Ar-Arneth." I say shivering. She pulls me closer and wraps her cloak around me. "You are safe now Arneth. I'm Arwen and I will look after you. Sleep now my child." she tells me soothingly. With that I fall asleep.

I open my eyes to tears running down my face. When I said that this is my tenth year here I meant it's the tenth anniversary of my parents death. Ever since then Arwen has been my Nana, which is mother in Elvish, and Elrond has become my Ada, meaning father but I've now learned that it can also mean grandfather but who knows! I was lucky that day, Arwen and Elrond had to take that path back from Mirkwood as they were in a council there with the King of Mirkwood, Thranduil, and they came across us. Nana couldn't believe that they had taken me instead of killing me. I never found my brother either and I still have the dagger my father gave me for him and I wear my mothers chain everyday. I feel like I have let them down as the whole of Gondor now believe that I am dead along with the rest of my family.

We are still unaware as to what the Orcs wanted me for. I sit here on my balcony staring at the waterfall thinking about this and cry. This is how either Nana or Ada used to find me everyday. But I have made up my mind, from now on I will not cry! Well I made it up a long time ago and I have stopped crying over the matter, well except for today. Today I am allowed to cry. I'm now convinced I'm the last in line for the throne of Gondor as my brother never claimed it so I am now convinced he is dead. "Why are you crying, henig?"(my child) my Nana asks me. "It's ten years Nana, goheno nin(Forgive me), I just miss my family. Not that I don't love you, but it's just ú-iston(I don't know)" I reply. She nods "Iston, henig, iston.(I know, my child, I know) When you are ready we will go practice some archery and sword fighting, while Ada believes we are playing the harp or some nonsense like that. Gi melin, henig.(I love you, my child)" she tells me. See this is why I love my Nana, she knows that this is what I would prefer to do today, rather than be stuffed up inside a room with an annoying tutor trying to teach me how to play an instrument I already know how to play.

Thirty minutes later I am dressed in a knee length green tunic, dark green trousers and all my body armour is concealed beneath my clothes. Nana and I have already been caught by Ada and he conceded to let us train only if he could observe to make sure neither of us did permanent damage to ourselves. So we agreed but now we are waiting on Langnir, who will be instructing us today. As he is one of Rivendell's warriors he worked us to the bone all day and this is how I found myself floating in my heated pool in my chambers to relieve my aching muscles. But soon I know I must get out to ready myself for dinner. And that is exactly what I find myself doing thirty minutes later. Once I'm dressed and prepared I make my way to the dining hall where we eat together. (A/N the dress she is wearing is the one in the pic.) As soon as everyone is seated the meal begins. Then we have music and of course my tutor begins to fume over my blatant lack of respect of her because of my lack of presence in class today to which I told her it was the tenth anniversary of my family's death and she is still apologising. I decide I have had enough and leave the room heading for my room when I hear a whinny. I look over and see Rochon, Asfaloth's brother (horses) come galloping through the gate with a child on his back. Suddenly, the child fell off and I ran lifting my skirt over to it. I turned him over "Frodo" I whisper. I spend time with Bilbo so I know that this is Frodo but he is grey. No, no he cannot die! I look towards the eating hall, elves have acute hearing so I do the only thing that I could think of and I screamed. A few minutes later I felt Frodo go stiff in my arms. No he cannot die! I cannot lose another person! I watched as Elrond lifted him away from me and he and Arwen ran towards the healing chambers. I tried to go after them but Langnir held me back and with that I broke down.
____________________________________________________________
Ok guys,
A little bit of background here. So let me know what you think..
I know it's a bit weird that Elrond is also being referred to as father by them both but I read somewhere that Ada can be grandfather too.
~Annacricket.