Chapter one: The fall of Saruman.

Ok guys, here we go.

Arneth's POV.
I wake up shivering both in fear and due to the cold. I try not to move as I am in so much pain. Just then I hear a heavy set of footsteps followed by slower, more measured steps. I raise my head groaning at how much effort it takes to even do that. Saruman crouches down in front of me and I see wormy behind him, grinning evilly as he holds up rope. "Ah good you're awake dear." Saruman says condescendingly. "You've been out for a whole day and a half. We are moving up to the roof now. GET ON YOUR FEET.". He looks insane, like worse then before. I try to get to my feet. But as soon as I go to push myself up onto my arms I fall straight back down. I think I broke a rib. Then wormy steps forward and yanks me up by the hair. I scream out in agony. "Aww Princess," he coos then slaps me across the face, I scream again. "For someone who can fight so well, you bruise and break.." he spits as he punches me in the ribs, yup ones definitely broken, "so easily.". I groan as he leans me against the wall so he can tie my hands together. "We need to get up to the roof, bring her." Saruman orders as he begins to walk away. Wormy yanks on the rope and as I go to take a step my legs fall out from under me. My breath rushes out of my body as I hit the ground. Wormy laughs as he continues pulling the rope. Finally Saruman gets annoyed and he yells at Guron to carry me.

I try to stand and walk then but just as I go to fall I'm lifted off the ground and carried the remainder of the way to the roof. Once on the roof Guron unceremoniously dumps me on the ground and walks over to Saruman. "Actually, bring her to the balcony and tie her hands to the rail! Let her watch as I destroy her world!" he tells Guron. The asshole smiles and pulls me up by the hair before throwing me over his shoulder. Two minutes later I'm out on the balcony where Merry and Pippin tried to save me. He laughs and he walks back into the tower, closing the door behind him. I don't have any more energy so I lie back against the rail and close my eyes. I don't know how long I dozed but then I heard Saruman yelling from the roof. "You have fought many wars and slain many men, Théoden King, and made peace afterwards. Can we not take counsel together as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace, you and I?" he yells as he walks into view on the roof. I can tell because I'm looking up, lying on my back. Wait hold up.... Théoden. Uncle Théoden's here? "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold and the children that lie dead there! We shall have peace when the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the gates of the Hornburg, are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace." Théoden yells back. "Gibbets and crows? Dotard! What do you want, Gandalf Greyhame? Let me guess. The key of Orthanc. Or perhaps the Keys of Barad-dur itself along with the crowns of the seven kings and the rods of the Five Wizards!" Saruman yells. Gandalf, Gandalf is here too. They've come for me. "Your treachery has already cost many lives. Thousands more are at risk. But you can save them, Saruman. You were deep in the enemy's counsel." Gandalf yells. Saruman chuckles manically. "So you have come here for information. I have some for you." Saruman says as he stares into that damn glass ball thing that he forced me to look into. "Something festers in the heart of Middle-Earth. Something that you have failed to see. But the Great Eye has seen it." Saruman says as he lowers the glass ball thing. "Even now he presses his advantage. His attack will come soon. You're all going to die." he continues.

"But you know this, don't you, Gandalf? You cannot think that this Ranger will ever sit upon the throne of Gondor. This exile, crept from the shadows, will never be crowned king. Gandalf does not hesitate to sacrifice those closest to him, those he professes to love. Tell me, what words of comfort did you give the Halfling before you sent him to his doom? The path that you have set him on can only lead to death." What the hell is Saruman talking about? Wait ranger, throne... Aragorn. "Aragorn." I whisper. I wonder if Merry and Pippin have told him I'm here yet. "I've heard enough!" That sounds like Gimli. Gandalf, Théoden, Aragorn and Gimli. Where's Legolas? Is he here, suddenly I get a pain in my chest that has nothing to do with any of the injuries I've gotten as the image of Legolas stiff and lifeless springs to mind. I must have missed part of the conversation because the next thing I hear is Gandalf say, "No. Come down, Saruman, and your life will be spared.". "Save your pity and your mercy. I have no use for it!" Saruman yells and then throws a giant fire ball from the roof. "No, no!" I say. It takes so much energy to speak. I hold my breath praying that the fireball didn't hit anyone. "Saruman, your staff is broken." Gandalf yells up. I see Saruman's staff break in his hand and then I see wormy step up behind Saruman. "Grima, you need not follow him. You were not always as you are now. You were once a Man of Rohan. Come down." Théoden says. "A Man of Rohan? What is the house of Rohan but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll on the floor with the dogs? The victory at Helm's Deep does not belong to you, Théoden Horse-master. You are a lesser son of greater sires." Saruman scoffs. "Grima, come down. Be free of him." Théoden says, pleadingly. "Free? He will never be free." Saruman yells. Yup his mind is twisted now. "No." Grima sounds alarmed. "Get down, cur!" Saruman says as he knocks grim a out of the way. "Saruman! You were deep in the enemy's counsel. Tell us what you know!" Gandalf yells. I gasp in surprise and struggle to a sitting position. Wormy has a dagger and is creeping behind Saruman. "You withdraw your guard, and I will tell you where your doom will be decided. I will not be held prisoner here." Saruman says. Just then Grima pounces on Saruman and stabs him. Next thing I see is an arrow sticking out of wormy. Legolas is here. Why the hell does that make me almost not feel the pain. But then Saruman falls off the roof and then I hear a weird squishy sound followed by a splash.

I zone out again. Wait, I need to get out of here. My hands are tied to the railing and I force myself to my feet, leaning on the railing I look over. Merry and Pippin are there as well. "The film of Saruman is washing away. Trees will come back to live here. Young trees, wild trees." the tree says. Taking a deep breath I say, "Aragorn." I say it I know he'll never hear it. I've screamed so much that my throat is raw and hurts every time I try to speak. Just then Merry looks up. "ARNETH, WE NEED TO HELP ARNETH." he screams. He is on the back of Aragorn's horse. Then everybody's eyes turn to the balcony. I watch as I see everybody's face go from relief to shock and anger in two seconds flat. "Stay there we are coming up." Aragorn yells. I huff a laugh and lift up my hands showing them the rope, much to the distaste of my aching, burning ribs. Soon enough I feel a hand in my back and I flinch away from it, only to realise it's my brother.  Two seconds later he cut the rope away from me and wrapped his arms around me loosely. "Are you ok? What am I saying?! Clearly you're not ok... Oh this is all my fault." he starts ranting away before I pant out, " Aragorn..... Shut.....up". He goes to pull me along before I freeze. "I can't walk. My ankle." I sigh. He scoops me up and starts walking back out to the others. But suddenly Bogon and Guron come run out behind us. I'm starting to lose consciousness again. "Aragorn, they...killed our parents." I spit out. He growls and passes me to Legolas who looks close to tears. "You're hardly recognisable. You poor thing. Shhh now, sleep sweetheart. I've got you." he says, rocking me slightly. My eyes slowly droop, but the last thing I see is Aragorn beheading the bastards. I smile slightly. That's for you mom and dad. Now they're all gone.

____________________________________________________________
Hey guys,
First chapter of ROTK is up. Aragorn and Arneth are back and Legolas is caring, can life get any better?
You know the drill.

~Annacricket.