Chapter four.

Arneth's POV.
As we enter the dinner hall all eyes are on Aragorn and I. Boromir looks between us and stands. He runs over to me, picks me up and spins me around. "Princess, is it you? I thought you looked familiar but it has been ten years! I was with the team that found your-" he rushes out, but I cut across him before he can finish, "Please Boromir, don't. I realise it must have been distressing but we are about to eat. We shall discuss this after with you all!". He nods and takes my hand, leading me to my seat while Aragorn follows close, very close behind. Soon enough, dinner is underway and everyone is enjoying the meal. I'm apprehensive about what will happen when we tell them about our past, but I know that I need to prepare for our departure tomorrow. It was inevitable and would have had to happen eventually. All through the meal Aragorn and I chatted and caught up with the events that had passed in each of our lives. After dinner Aragorn stood and addressed the Fellowship. "Friends, newly formed allies. There has been a miscommunication. Ten years ago my parents and sister were ambushed by wargs and Orcs, I was told none survived. I could not cope, all my family gone in one blow. I left then and became a ranger. But it seems that not all my family were slaughtered. For here is my little sister, Arneth, the Orcs captured her and if Elrond and Arwen had not saved her when they did, I dread to think of what could have been!". I look around to see the hobbits with tears in their eyes and Pippin runs over to me and hugs me. "I can't imagine what that was like but Strider led us here and he has the same determined look in his eye when he looks at you. All of us will protect you!" he says and with that I start to cry.

Ada and Nana come up to me then and pull me out of the room to Ada's office. Langnir is here also. "Henig, we have some weapons here for you along with body armour for under your clothes. It is a chain mail vest, made of Mithril. I do believe Frodo is getting one similar. Here is a new bow," Ada says and pull out a bow like my own by with a blessing carved into it. 'Aa' menealle nauva calen ar' malta(May your ways be green and golden)' . Ada then places the bow on a table and pulls put two elvish blades. "Langnir will show you where to strap them tomorrow, and lastly this" he says and he pulls out two elvish daggers. I look at all they have given me and tears form in my eyes as I realise this could be the last happy moments I have with them. I run over and hug Nana and Ada "Gi melin, Gi melin." I cry. Then Ada turns serious. "Henig, if anything happens and if you can, try to restrain your power! Sauron has heard of it and that is why they took you in the first place. I want you to promise that you will try to compress it. Do not let them know you can do it, gwestog?(do you promise)" he says. "Iston(I know), Ada. I promise." I reply. We stand there for a while and then it is time for me to retire for the night. But, as soon as I walk out of Ada's office I run into Boromir. "I apologise for my earlier behaviour. I was in shock and-" I cut him off, "Boromir it is fine! We have a long journey ahead of us tomorrow so I suggest you get some rest. If you would like you can walk with me I'm heading to the waterfall then to my room?". He nods and as we walk, we talk about Gondor and his father, Denethor and brother Faramir. Eventually, we reach the waterfall and we part ways. "Losto vae, Boromir. Sleep well." I say as he leaves. "You as well, Arneth." come the reply.

When I awoke the next morning and see that a package had been laid out for me along with a note.
Henig,
Put the Mithril vest on first then your shirt. It will protect you. Langnir will be along shortly to show you how to properly attach your weapons. Inside the package are your clothes and boots and a cloak.
Gi melin,
Ada.
Ada always knows what to write to make a person cry. I follow the instructions and find I have been left a pair of soft soled leather hunting boots a long green tunic with beige trousers and a brown cloak. I notice the weapons have been leaned against the wall. I walk over and pick up the quiver, which is absolutely full of arrows and strap it on over my shouder and around my waist. There is a thigh sheath for one dagger and a hip sheath for the other. I strap one of the swords onto my other hip and the other in the sheath that is on my quiver and then I throw my bow over my shoulders. Once I'm sure that all my weapons are secured and I head to the stable after getting bored from waiting for Langnir for twenty minutes. I walk over to Bill's stall and I pull out his saddle and attach it, then attaching his bridle I bring him out to the paddock and let him roam around. My hair is scraped back into a braid and I lean on the fence. Suddenly someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around and the elf from yesterday is there, oh umm, Legolas. Yup that's it! "What are you doing out here? Langnir is going insane thinking you left," he says. Wow! He speaks really quietly, nothing compared to yesterday. "Oh umm, right! I'll see you later. I'd better go before-" I start but both Ada and Aragorn cut across me, "ARNETH WHERE ARE YOU?". Why yell, why? Legolas calls back that he has me. Aragorn and Langnir come running into view and Ada, Nana and the rest of the Fellowship follow close behind.

"Arneth, weren't you supposed to wait in your room?" Aragorn says. Oh boy! He's angry. "I umm, well yes. But I got bored and I already knew how to attach my weapons and then since I knew we'd be bringing Bill I decided to come out and tack him up. Goheno nin, I did not think it would cause any trouble," I say. Ada nods and walks forward engulfing me in a hug. "It is time, novaer henig. Guren níniatha n'i lû n'i a-govenitham(farewell my child. My heart shall weep until I see you again.)" he says as he kisses the top of my head. Nana does the same and when she pulls away she is crying. "Galu, henig. Gi melin.(good luck, my child. I love you)" Nana says. I see Bilbo has come out also and I go over to hug him. "Well my lady, you are more decked out in weapons than anyone else," he laughs. "That's because my Ada and big brother are both overbearing-" I'm cut off. "Both overbearing what's?" Aragorn's voice sounds behind me and I jump. "Nothing's, Bilbo, my dear friend. I guess this is goodbye!" I say as I hug him. "Maybe, maybe not my child. I will hope for the day that I see you again!" he says. "Me too Bilbo, me too!" I reply. Just then Aragon picks me up and plops me down onto Bill's saddle. "Aragorn, Bill already has too much weight to carry. I can walk myself," I say looking into his grey eyes. It's funny because although we are siblings we don't look alike. He has brown hair and grey eyes and is very tall. I, on the other hand, have blonde hair and blue eyes and I'm average height for a girl. "He will be fine for a while. Do not move off that horse," he tells me sternly. I hear the hobbits laugh and look at them. "Am I going to have to put up with this all the time?" I ask while laughing softly. Aragorn answered for me, "Yes, yes you will!". This caused everyone to laugh because I pulled a sad face.

I turn to Ada. "Please keep my circlet safe(see pic). I hope one day that I will return for it! Gi melin Ada, Nana. Boe annin gwad!(I must go)" I tell them and grab the reigns off Boromir and urge Bill into gallop. Now you see I've figured out a way for Aragorn to let me walk. Before I even make it to the gate Aragorn has Bill's reigns. "Not happening sweetie," he says. Ten minutes later The Fellowship is underway. As a result of me trying to get myself removed from the horse, I ended up back on the horse and the reigns firmly in Aragorn's hands. Boromir is walking beside me so I can't get off the horse. "Aragorn, when can I walk. I don't want to tire Bill out too quickly seeing as he's carrying everyone's packs. I'll stay in front of you or beside you. Please!" I beg. He just sighs out a "fine". I squeal and run up to walk beside the hobbits. I know we are most likely heading towards certain death but I cannot help but have hope. I can tell that some good will come of this! Even if it is only a very small bit!
____________________________________________________________
Hey guys,
Let me know what you think. What do you think of Aragorn?
Hope you enjoyed it.
~Annacricket