A Shot In The Chest

I realized I kept running away. I needed a plan for the long term so me and Maya could live in peace without wondering if someone was watching us or feeling paranoid every time I saw a car I recognized so I pulled out one of Saif's debit cards he had in our bedroom which I stole when we were in the house since he froze my credit and debit cards. 

I checked how much was in it and it had enough to buy a one-bedroom house in New York in America, it was the only was the only way we would be able to escape. I booked another hotel to sleep in for the night and me and Maya got rest. In the morning we woke up early around seven and went downstairs to the hotel restaurant "Mum, why are we always moving about and going places? I miss Daddy and Uncle Rizwan buying me ice cream. When are we going home?" I had tears in my eyes "Princess we aren't going home me and you are on a road trip mummy and daughter time, I'll buy you a toy on the way to the airport okay?"

 Maya put her head down and ate her cereal, I wiped the tears out of my eyes and knew I was doing it for the protection and care of my daughter. after we ate we collected our stuff and headed in the taxi to get to the airport. once we arrived we checked in and got our luggage on the plane. while we were boarding I had a random flashback... "one day I promise, I will take you to New York myself baby." and I replied in a snide tone "Mhm sure you will."... it was a flashback of me and Farhan on the bus, talking about our holiday we planned on doing in the next few years. "mum, mummmm."

 Maya said tugging on my jumper "yes Maya, what is it?" I said looking down at her "come on, time for class B to board that's us." then the airport staff called "last call for class B to board, next class to board is class C." we started walking towards the gate then I got a call and stood in the middle of the walkway blocking other people from boarding to answer this call. it was a no caller id, it could be something important I should answer I thought "Hello? Who is this?" there was no reply on the other end "Ehm hello? Anyone there?" still nothing "Okay I'm hanging up." then the stranger spoke

 "I have your boyfriend babe, and if your not here in the next two hours he's dead." it was Saif "Saif have you gone insane? who do you have? what boyfriend?" he started laughing like a maniac "ahhh mi amor, just get back here in two hours and bring my kid, thanks bye." then he hung up "shit." it was just when I was going to get away. when I was going to leave this wretched world of Saif's. I started taking slow steps into the gate, but it felt wrong. I picked up Maya and we got a taxi back to the house. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen, so I stole one of Rizwan's guns he had on his desk at the house and hid it in one of my books.

 we were five minutes away and I knew I couldn't take Maya with me so I called Salem because me and him got very close after him and Juliet broke up Juliet tried to blame me for cheating and I got pissed so I blocked her. Salem arrived and even though we didn't speak as much as before he knew that something was up. "what's going on?" he said suspiciously "It's happening Salem, I'm going to kill him for the sake of not just me but my daughter" I said looking at Maya asleep in Salem's car. "

I'll take her home and put her to sleep, Alina's home too so if she wakes up we will look after her together okay, Aisha are you sure you can handle him." he said hugging me "Trust me, my dad once said to me 'It doesn't matter how strong he is just remember every time he curses you, every time he hits you, every time he insults you.

 He thinks he's winning because he has the power and dominance over you but when the time is right, after everything that he has done, it has built up so you are now more powerful than him and you take that power and hit him where it hurts.' and he's right" Salem looked at me and smiled "the amount you have matured since high school is insane you know that Aisha but be careful please." "I will I promise." Salem waved goodbye and drove away. it was time, I had to do this "come on Aisha you have this just remember what dad said."

 I opened the door to see an empty hallway so I slowly and cautiously turned into the corner and a big flash of light came on, it was on someone in a chair tied up. I slowly walked up and heard his heavy breathing. I lifted his head and it was..... Farhan "Farhan..... is that you?" he opened his eyes  "Aisha? What are you doing here? It's a setup go home." he said as I was untying his arms and legs from the chair. I heard footsteps coming out from behind me, me and Farhan both looked to see Saif holding a gun towards us 

"hey baby, where is Maya?" I got up holding Farhan's hand "She's not here Saif and you're not getting to see her, now let us leave." he walked up next to us "ah ah ahhh, sorry babe not that easy." he grabbed me and put the gun to my head "tell me where my fucking daughter is or I'll kill you." but little did he know while he was talking I handed my gun to Farhan and he put it up towards Saif's forehead. "get your gun away before I blow your head up." "try it and see what happens to your precious Aisha." it happened so quickly I didn't even see it, Farhan shot him in the head but I heard another shot and something hitting the floor and everything went black...