Not Just An Ordinary Fanboy

"Hey, wipe your drool!" Jackson hit Hyoseop's shoulder so he will back into his consciousness.

"He's always like that," Nayeon rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, everytime he sees Kim Sejeong!" Jihyo joined them with a full-of-snacks plastic bag.

Hyoseop didn't even bothered to look away from the television.  

The four of them had been close friends since their trainee days at the same company, JYP.  Even though Hyoseop had moved to different company, they still manage to meet each other at least once in several months.  Even in their busy days like today.

"Nayeon, don't we have the same schedule with Sejeong next week?" Jihyo asked Nayeon who in the same girl group with her.

"The music show? Ah, yes! Our manager had said it before."

"Oppa, since I'm a good girl, I'll do a favor for you."

Hyoseop was still not interested, until Jihyo said, "I'll make you get close to Sejeong."

"Really? You can do that much for me?" Hyoseop responded with his sparkling eyes.

"I'm not sure you can do it.  Instead, Hyoseop will worship you for the rest of his life," Jackson scolded Jihyo.

"Just wait and see..."

***

"Gugudan Sejeong?" Jihyo greeted Sejeong right after her eyes caught her attendance.

"Hello, sunbae-nim.  I'm Sejeong from Gugudan," Sejeong introduced herself with a bow.

Jihyo giggled.  "Don't be too formal to me.  I guess we're of the same age?"

"Sorry, sunbae-nim," Sejeong smiled awkwardly.  "It's the first time I can see you this close.  I'm so nervous."

"Don't be.  I hope we can be good friends.  I'm TWICE Jihyo."

Just like that, Jihyo erased the line between them.

They spent the time waiting for their group's performance time by chatting, and giggling over the simple things with their group's member.

"Ah, it's already the time.  I guess we have to part ways right now," Jihyo said right after the staff announced the closure of today's show.

"Nice to meet you, sunbae-nim.  It was a great time," Sejeong smiled and shaked Jihyo's hand.

"Hey, didn't we agree to be friends?"

"Oh, sorry. Ji..Hyo...?" Sejeong spelled Jihyo's name in an awkward gesture.

"Tee hee! You're so cute, Sejeong! I'm happy to have you as my friend.  Let's get along well and be friends for a long long time!"

"I'd love too! Let's meet again next time, Jihyo.  You can call me whenever you want!"

"I'm not the one who asked for it.  Brace yourself, Sejeong.  I'll disturb you with my non stop calls."

"Haha! Feel free to do that.  I'll always ready!"

Jihyo waved her hands as she left the room with other TWICE members.  She went back to their dorm with a warm heart.  What a nice girl she is.  Now she understands why people called her God Sejeong. 

***

Hyoseop just sipped his beer, when his phone rang and showed the caller ID : Jihyo.

"Hm? What's Up?" Hyoseop answered the call.

"Are you working right now?" Jihyo asked carefully.

"I'm on break today.  Just hanging out with Seokwoo.  What is it?"

"Waah, what a cozy life you had!"

"Don't beat around the bush.  What is it?"

"You and your impatience! Okay, oppa, listen to me.  You know, I made a promise to make you get close to Sejeong, right?"

"Yes.  So? Have you really do it?"

"How come? We just met two weeks ago! Okay, hear me out.  I just want to confess.  You really have good eyes! Wow, Sejeong is really that great! No wonder you fell head over heels to her!"

"Everyone knows it.  The all-rounder Sejeong.  Who won't fall for her?"

"Yeah, the Sejeong you saw on TV is just 1% of her.  In reality, she's 100 times more beautiful.  I admit it.  She's perfect."

"It's like you had fallen into her too.  Should we become a rival?" Hyoseop threw a joke while his heart beating so fast, thinking about the perfect Sejeong that been described by Jihyo.

"And I'm gonna be the winner here.  I have her phone number and will have a sleep call every single night with her."

"So, what do you want me to do?"

"Nothing.  I just want to brag it to you! Okay, oppa.  I'm busy.  Bye!" Jihyo turned off the call as she wish and left Hyoseop with a little swear.

"GEEZ!!"

"Hyung, quiet down! We're in public area," Seokwoo, his best friend who known as actor Rowoon, reminded him.  "What did Jihyo do that make you mad?"

"Just this and that," Hyoseop sighed.

"All I can hear was just one familiar name," Rowoon giggled.  "I watched the latest music show.  She was so cute in that outfit.  And her cheerful personality tho."

"Jihyo? Was she that cute?"

"Hmm...  Jihyo is cute too.  But I talked about someone else.  The one you had crush on, Kim 'God' Sejeong."

"Don't tell me that you had fallen into her too?"

"Your jealousy! You know that I adore her so much.  But not to the level like you do to her right now.  You're crazy in love with her."

"I'm not.  I'm just her fans.  The 'love' word is too much."

"Stop denying.  I can see it through your eyes.  It's clearly tell the differences between 'just-a-fans gaze' when you watched those Anne Hathaway's movies, and 'full-of-love gaze' everytime you watched Sejeong on TV and talked about her.  You're really into her."

"Oh, no, I was caught red-handed," Hyoseop smiled and tousled his hair.  "Whatever! Afterall, I'm just a fanboy.  All I can do is just cheer for her from afar."

"Don't tell me you forget who you are.  You're an actor, Hyung.  We work in the same field.  You'll have many opportunities to meet her in the future."

"And then? What? You've been in the same drama, but you can't even get close to her."

"Yeah, she's not that easy to approach.  Haven't I told you that, it's like she built an imaginary wall that hard to tear down by just anyone?"

Hyoseop nodded.

"But we're different, Hyung," Seokwoo continued.  "I didn't have a reason like a special feeling to try to get close to her, besides our relation as co-actors, so I didn't push it through.  And I'm not sure that you'll do the same.  I believe that you will set on your greatest strength to break her wall down!" Seokwoo ended his analysis and pat on Hyoseop's shoulder to encourage him.

Hyoseop shrugged as he collected all of his confidence.  "I'm anticipating that.  The time when I and Sejeong will meet and I'll do my best to reach her out."

Seokwoo smiled proudly and gave him a thumbs up, "That's the Hyoseop I know."

****

🧚‍♂️Author's note.

Hello, thank you for reading this 1st chapter.

I'm one of Hyoseop-Sejeong (HyoJeong)'s fans and it's my first fan fiction about them.  I live in Indonesia and English is not my first language.

I did my best in writing it in English.  I apologize if there was any mis-spelling or incorrect grammar.  Please kindly remind me on the comments.

I will post the next chapter ASAP.  I hope you enjoy reading this 😊