The First (And The Last?) Encounter

Sejeong packed her stuff into her bag, then checked her phone that she left behind while she recorded the show.  Two new messages from Jihyo.

09:23 PM
"Sejeong Sejeong 🙂🙂"

09:23 PM
"Let me know when you finish."

Sejeong smiled and typed, "It's all wrapped.  How about you?"

Right after the seen status popped out, her phone vibrated.

"Hey, what's happened, Jihyo?"

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow?"

"Nothing for official schedules.  I just want to have a regular visit to the company and practice singing."

"How about a glass of soju tonight?"

"Suddenly?"

"You know, I'm not in a good mood nowadays.  I just want to refresh my mind," Jihyo sighed.

Sejeong felt the burden in her voice.  "Let's meet at our regular bar.  I'll ask mae-nim to drop me there."

***

Sejeong entered the bar and looked around every corner, until she saw Jihyo waved at her.

"Why were you all alone here?" Sejeong asked and sat down beside her.

"I'm not.  You're here with me."

"Yeah, I mean before I came.  I thought you would at least be here with Nayeon."

"I just...  I want to be alone at first.  But your face popped out and I thought it would be better with you.  In case I need a shoulder to cry on.  Well, I'm sure I will need it."

"What's wrong, Jihyo?" Sejeong spoke in her low tone, worried about her.

"I'm so tired!" Jihyo burst into tears.  "I love my job so much.  But those annoying rules killed me!"

Sejeong tried to collect the pieces.  "Is it about your relationship with Daniel?" Sejeong mentioned Jihyo's boyfriend, their fellow idol.

Jihyo nodded.  "Is falling in love a sin? Why should we keep it low-key? I mean...  How can we? Love is not a thing that can be hidden!"

"Did you get caught?"

"Some reporters sent our photos to JYP.  And you know what happened after that.  It was chaotic! I got scolded by our PR Manager."

"Then...  What will they do?"

"They're still in talks with media representatives.  Whether to open it up to the public, or keep it secret.  You know, a win-win solution."

"I hope they will do their best to protect you."

"I believe that they will.  But the 'protection' here, I'm afraid it will hurt Daniel.  My company will only think of me but him," Jihyo frowned.  "I feel bad for him." Jihyo poured the last drop of soju into her glass.

"Jihyo, stop it.  You are drunk!" Sejeong snatched the glass out of her hand.

"Hey, you!" Jihyo yelled.  "You, too! Don't let those stupid rules hold you from loving someone! You should live your life happily! Love him to the fullest!" Jihyo babbled randomly.

Sejeong sighed.  "You are really drunk.  It's time to go home."

***

"Sejeong!" Nayeon ran to them and checked Jihyo's condition.  "Thank you, Sejeong.  Thank you so much for taking care of her!" Nayeon expressed her gratitude to Sejeong, before scolding Jihyo, who was in her deep sleep.  "This little rascal!"