●Chapter 11● Decision ●

Nearly a year has passed. Monsoon season came and the farmers were filled with joy as there was adequate rain for the fields. Devi Prithvi was happy it seems. Panchal was prospering and it seems Devi Lakshmi had inhabited the place.

There in the Palace a very important event was taking place. In the arena two persons were facing each other.

One was the best swordsmen of Panchala, the second in command of Panchala Army, Vidhyut. He was in his early 30's, though he is very young he proved his prowess and secured his place in the army.

Other was the pride of Panchala, the youngest Princess of Panchala Agnikanya, Draupad Nandhini, Rajkumari Niyathi.

Vidhyut observed the Rajkumari carefully. His hawk eyes searched for any signs of fear, nervousness, anxiousness or any kind of weakness but sadly he found none.

The Rajkumari face was expressionless. Even if she felt something she didn't show it which will do good in a fight. Rule no.1: Never let your opponent how you feel.

He observed the way she was holding her sword, not too tight nor too loose exactly how a swordsmen or in her case a swordswomen should hold. Her stance was relaxed and she appeared pretty confident.

But still he didn't know about her abilities that well. He knew she was a new to this. He wasn't shocked when he learnt the youngest princess was interested in warfare. Well the Panchala Senathipathi is Rajkumari Shikandi so nothing surprising there. It only intrigued him. He heard that she was trained my Senathipathi Shikandi and excelled in the training. He heard the whispers of soldiers who was beaten brutally by the Agnikanya. He wanted to see her capabilities himself.

As he finished observing her he was met with the amused eyes of Druapad Nandhini. She gave him a mocking smile and said, "If you have finished observing me general, I think we have a duel to fight. Or you are gonna chicken out?"

Vidhyut gritted his teeth at the insult. Without warning he dashed at Niyathi with a roar. Niyathi merely stepped away which resulted him nearly falling on his face.

Niyathi gave another smirk at him and said, "I have heard the bravery of General Vidhyut and the sharpness of sword in the battlefield. But I think it's all mere story created to scare the enemies."

Another insult but this one fueled his rage. It was an insult to his abilities only he knows how much he struggled to achieve this. He won't let an arrogant Princess to demean him.

Fueled by rage Vidhyut charged at Rajkumari Niyathi like a mad elephant. Niyathi did nothing but defend his attack. She effortlessly blocked his attack which seemed to sent the general to an edge. He is frustration was increasing.

Shikandi who was watching the things unfold smirked slowly and said to herself, "A good strategy indeed sister..."

At last he managed to sneak into her defense mode and kept his sword at her neck. This stage he was breathing heavily and said, "I win."

Niyathi tilted her head slightly, and let out a mischievous smirk, "Is it so?"

The General looked confused for a minute using this distraction Niyathi kicked him in chest and pushed him back. She looked at the General with a smirk and charged at him at lightning speed.

Vidhyut couldn't comprehend what was happening. One second he was at the brink of victory now he was getting thwarted by the Rajkumari. He didn't have the energy to fight, he couldn't analyze her moves and defend properly.

Niyathi wanted this exactly. She wanted him drained of his energy. It was known that Vidhyut was short tempered and reacted spontaneously. It may not have affected his capabilities most often but sometimes it may cloud his judgement. To provoke a short tempered man is something dangerous but if it was used correctly results will be profitable. For a man like Vidhyut his abilities was his identity and if anyone were to mock it, it will end in blood. Then again men have huge egos if it was bruised they don't tend to think rationally. Which exactly was what Niyathi used. Niyathi know only in some places strength will be valuable. More often it's once intellectual and wisdom which helps them. Niyathi is a crude manipulator. She carefully manipulated General Vidhyut, let him revel in a false sense of victory and crashed his happy bubble and defeated him. She wanted to drain his energy and he did exactly like she wanted. In this duel Vidhyut was the puppet and strings were handled by Niyathi.