chapter 37

Changbin opens the door to Jisung's hospital room, taking a deep breath when he sees his best friend laying on the bed, eyes closed as his chest slowly raises.

"Hi Bin." Chan smiles at the younger, opening his arms for a hug. Changbin quickly walks over, letting Chan wrap his arms around him. "He will be okay."

Changbin hums, looking over at Jisung.

Hyunjin stays by the door, a little unsure if he should enter or not. He had begged Changbin to take him with him when the older mentioned going to visit Jisung at the hospital but now that he is here, he isn't sure what to do.

"Hyunjin?" Jisung's eyes flutter open, landing on Hyunjin's figure standing in the doorway. He pushes himself up, looking at the other.

A smile forms on Hyunjin's face, realizing how cute Jisung looks all cuddled up in the blankets. "Hi."

Minho pulls Chan and Changbin to the door. "We will get you something to drink, we will be back in a bit." He pushes them out of the door, ignoring the confused looks he gets.

Hyunjin takes a deep breath, walking closer to Jisung. "Uhm, I got you a little present."

Jisung chuckles. "Oh?"

The older boy hands Jisung a tiny box, helping him open it when he realizes the younger's hand is wrapped up. "It's not much, but I remember you would always talk about wanting them."

Jisung's eyes widen as he looks at the earrings in the box. "You bought them for me?"

Hyunjin softly nods his head. "I know how badly you wanted them." He carefully sits down on the bed.

Jisung tiredly smiles at him. "Thank you."

Hyunjin places the box on the bedside table for Jisung, looking at the boy with a soft smile on his face. He wants to start a conversation with the other but he isn't sure how to.

Jisung fumbles with the blanket, eyes not meeting Hyunjin's.

"Why?" That's all that Hyunjin manages to get out.

An awkward silence falls over to two boys, neither what to say. The only sound they can hear is the beeping of the machines and their own breathing.

Jisung bites his lip. "I don't know."

Hyunjin looks up with a frown on his face. "You don't know?"

"It just got to much and I knew they were there..."

Hyunjin carefully lays his hand over Jisung's. "Call me next time, please?" he has tears in his eyes from even thinking about what could have gone through Jisung's head the moment it happened. He doesn't want the other to hurt himself again, so he promises to himself that he will do anything to make Jisung feel better.

GROUPCHAT: 'Let's all be friends?'

Sung: Hyunjin has lost it

Maknae on Top: ??

Maknae on Top: WAIT HE'S WITH U

Lixie: This is betrayal.

Lixie: You went to visit without telling us

Lixie: I feel offended.

Seung: we don't want to overwhelm Hannie tho?

Dad(dy): we left only 5 minutes ago

Kitten: What happened?

Sung: He's convince Seungmin and Jeongin are dating

Prince: HAN HOW COULD YOU

Maknae on Top: Me?

Maknae on Top: and

Maknae on Top: Seungmin hyung?

Seung: Did he hit his head?

Sung: Not sure

Sung: BUT

Sung: I HAVE NEWS

Lixie: spill the tea sis

Sung: CHAN HYUNG AND MINHO HYUNG

Maknae on Top: Yessss??

Lixie: You can't leave us hanginggggg

Seung: ???

Prince: Uhm

Prince: I just say a murder

Dad(dy): You saw nothing :)

Kitten: None of you did :)

Lixie: ...

Maknae on Top: ...

Seung: ...

Changbinnie: Minchan confirmed.