Chapter 4

A calm breeze blew strands of my hair as I laid on my belly, feet lifted up and swinging peacefully as my eyes danced across the words written amongst the pages of my book. In a few days all the other students would be arriving for the start of term, so I was enjoying the practically empty school while I could.

Deuce was laying on his back, next to me. His eyes were closed as he enjoyed the beautiful day. It was peaceful except for a beeping of his phone every few seconds. The person messaging him not catching the memo that he didn't want to talk to them at this second.

"Are you gonna answer back?" I asked placing a book mark into the book. Looking over at him with a confused look "If not then why keep the ringer on?" I giggled as he opened his eyes. His eyes finding mine the second they opened, and a smile bloomed across his soft features.

"It's just my ex girlfriend," he shrugged picking up the phone that sat inbetween us on the blanket. He pressed on the volume button and like magic the noise stopped. "She's been pestering me ever since she saw that video of you painting that I posted on my story,"

"You posted a video of me on your story? When was this?" I asked moving so that I was sitting on my knees as he sat up, shoving the phone into his pocket.

"A few days ago, you were pretty zoned out. But I thought your work needed to be seen," he admitted with a smirk and I giggled.

"Oh. So first you're caught staring, and now stalking is added to the creep list. Not really helping to plead your case there snake boy," I joked opening my phone and clicking on Eek Toc. There was a follow request from this girl with navy blue hair, that had threads of gold weaved in.

Deuce leaned forward, our foreheads touching as he gazed down at the profile on my phone. "I wouldn't call it stalking especially since you're the one who invited me to hang out with you. But Cleo on the other hand, she'd definitely do anything to win me back. Not that I'd go back to her," he explained and I denied the request.

I was just about to ask him something but this ghoul came up to us. I'd seen her around before, but never introduced myself because she usually kept to herself. So I didn't want to bother her.

"Deuce it's Cleo, she really wants to talk to you. But you keep ignoring her messages," the ghoul states holding out the phone to show the girl I'd just saw on my phone. She was looking at Deuce with a pleading look. Her eyes narrowed upon seeing how we were still sitting with our foreheads touching.

"Sorry Ghoulia that she drug you into the middle of this, but I've made up my mind months ago. There's nothing left to say, I don't feel like getting lectured," he states giving an apologetic look to Ghoulia and she turned the phone back towards her face.

"Sorry Cleo but he's clearly moved on," she told the girl on the other side of the phone before waving at us. Then walked towards the graveyard, where she probably lived. Seeing as she is a zombie.

"If it's not too much to ask, why did you call it off with her?" I asked once it was just the two of us again. By now we were sitting with our legs crossed facing eachother.

"When I was with her I found myself heading down a dark path. It wasn't something I wanted to do. I was becoming everything the others saw me as," he explained fidgeting with his glasses out of habit. I could sense the anxiety coming off him.

"That doesn't sound like you," I replied hoping to lift his spirits "You are nothing like how I'd imagine Gorgons to be. It's alright to set yourself apart from the rest of them. Being yourself is 100% cooler than something you're not," I rubbed my thumb across the back of his hand in a circular motion.

"That's because the me that you see is the me that I want to be. I'm tired of being feared by everyone, often times people are afraid to even look at me. Out of fear that I might turn them to stone. But I'm done hiding behind this facade any longer," he explained and I nodded my head.

"I know exactly how you feel. In my village nobody looked twice my way, and if they passed by it was always with a terrified look on their face. And we lived in a town of monsters. Which is why I never really left my house, until now to attend the school," I empathize with him.

"You're the only one who understands. Everyone else always expected me to cause mischief and terror, and for the longest time I'd just go with it," he opened up more, playing with the dragon ring on my hand. It had been a present from my parents on my 16th birthday. I just hummed in agreement.

After a few seconds he grasped my hand gently pulling me up so I was resting on my knees, as he did the same. Eyes meeting as he let go of my hand, placing it on my cheek. And by now our bodies were closer, like a magnet was drawing them together.

My breath seemed to hitch as our noses were almost touching. Butterflies swarmed in the pit of my stomach, and my heart was beating 50x faster than normal. Not really sure what to do next, I made the first move. Pulling him closer, bringing our lips together. The sensation caused my eyes to flutter closed, arms almost instinctively wrapped around his neck.

Despite making the move, he guided me through the kiss. Probably picking up on the fact that it was my very first one. And soon my lips moved in sync with his. His were incredibly soft, and rather gentle.

It obviously didn't last long, but it didn't need to really. It felt like magic, but not like the kind that was banned from the school. More so on a spiritual level, something that I never experienced before.

"Who's the stalker now?" He joked as we pulled away, wiggling his eyebrows in a goofy manor.

"I think it's still you Mr Gorgon," I retort  earning a gentle shove which caused me to fall back. However as I went I grabbed his arm bringing him down with me. My back was pressed into the blanket as he hovered over me.

"Whatever you say Miss Drogo," he chuckled pressing a kiss to my nose, causing me to scrunch it up. As it tickled slightly.

I've been here three weeks and I've already had my first kiss. Who knew my mom would be right about this. Well besides the love demon part of her.

Hopefully things stay like this.......