Chapter 7

Whilst Clawdeen was speaking to the headmistress, Frankie and I were walking about outside. They were mainly trying to figure out stuff on the phone they'd just gotten. With some help from me every now and again. I on the other hand was enjoying the subtle breeze that was fluttering through the air.

A few of the students, those who weren't engaged within the digital world that is the internet, actually smiled at me. Some even offering waves, which I returned. A feeling of happiness seeped through me, it was nice to be acknowledged in a friendly way. Something that wasn't normal for me, but hopefully it becomes so.

Frankie and I were walking past Heath who was playing football with Abbie, who was in the dorm next to mine. The ghoul seemed more keen on eating the foot than actually playing the game, but Heath informed her that she could eat it after the game.

"Hey Sylvia, sorry again about your glasses yesterday," he called out, taking my attention away from Frankie who was happily telling me all sorts of interesting facts. Mainly about dragons.

"No worries, when I have better control I won't have to wear them. It's better to be safe than sorry," I reassured him with a smile, which he quickly returned.

"See you in history," he says before going back to his game of football. I found it funny that they were actually playing it with a foot. Then again this is a school for monsters, so it wasn't that out of the ordinary.

I told him I'd see him later before continuing my walk with Frankie. We were coming to the main part of the grounds when Clawdeen caught up to us. Slightly out of breath from running.

"Either of you know anything about monsters changing into human?" She asked almost nervously, looking around to check to see if anyone was listening.

"Well I mean I can appear more human if I change out of my succubus form. However if you looked at me closely you can see the scales on my skin, but other than that not really," I explained shrugging my shoulders. Frankie claimed not to know anything about it either but as soon as they finished speaking a whole plethora of information came out.

It is possible but only to those who are half human. Something that is maybe even rarer than a monster hybrid. They can change into their human form when nervous, like a fight or flight response. Which made sense. I'm not sure why Clawdeen wanted to know this but maybe she was just curious to learn something before history.

On that note we all walked through the school into history. They sat at the second table from the back, and I sat in front of them beside Draculaura. I noted Cleo was in this class as well but I wasn't going to let her get to me. Especially after her failed attempt at trying to make fun of Frankie and I.

I had pulled out my books along with writing stuff. As I did my dragon pressed at the edges of my skin, slightly purring. It was weird really, but I'd have to ask dad about it, since he'd know why it kept happening. However I think I knew the answer as I felt eyes on me.

Looking up from a small doodle I made in my notebook, there was Deuce standing beside my desk. He reached his hand out, holding something towards me.

"You left these in my dorm the other day," he states and placed my earbuds into my outstretched hand with a smile.

"Thanks Deuce I was wondering where I left them. I'm so forgetful," I placed them in the pocket of his hoodie, he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. Earning giggles from my friends behind me, it also didn't go unnoticed by Cleo. Who looked like she might combust into mummy dust.

Before he left I took a pinky rat pup out of my bag, held it up and Moe showed himself. Happily taking the treat from my fingers, this time not biting my finger in the process. Which I was thankful for. Deuce chuckled before taking a seat next to Heath, which happened to be in front of Cleo. Who was very prominently glaring at the back of his head. Not that he cared.

Just then Mr Komos came in and began a lesson on the nature of a true monsters heart. Saying that humans were the worst sort of beings alive. I mean I personally didn't think they were all bad truely. I mean they just fear the things they don't understand, which is highly normal even among monster kind.

Frankie went on to answer most of the questions that Komos asked and went on to lose their hand, which Deuce handed back to them. Then Cleo answered the next question, which was about humans.

Of course most of the monsters here think humans were bad. And thus why most of them laughed when Clawdeen asked the question about humans being bad. Which then prompted the teacher to belt out a song about Jeckyl and Hyde. Saying that he had been banned from the school due to having a human side.

Monsters didn't like the human part of him, and humans didn't like the monster side of him. This was why he had been kicked out of school and killed by humans. Of course like yesterday everyone joined in the song and dance ensemble. Thankfully these steps were easy to follow so I didn't look ridiculous.

We all sang about having a true monster heart. I'm not sure how but Deuce ended up spinning me under his arm then dipping me slightly. I smiled as we sang along with the class.

When the song ended class was just about over and an outline for our first assignment was given out, which would be due in a few weeks. I'll probably do mine on dragon. The bell rang and everyone began exiting the class, I was walking alongside Frankie who asked me to join them in the library. An invitation I happily accepted.

Deuce winked as he passed continuing the conversation he'd been having with Heath. I smiled then said goodbye to Komos as he tried explaining a high five to Frankie who didn't get the gesture. Opting to rub their hands together with an adorable confused expression on their face. And with that the two of us made the trek to the library, completely unaware of the discovered we were about to make.....