You're safe with me | Larissa Weems

Roles:
Larissa Weems = Caregiver
Y/n (Reader) = Little

Authors note: Thank you to H3llButterfly for helping out with this oneshot story. It's been fun to write!
I hope you enjoy reading <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N’s POV:

It's my first day attending Nevermore Academy. Was transferred here after my parents decided that I should be attending a school for outcasts upon discovering I had shapeshifter abilities. My mother had discovered me practicing my powers in the privacy of my own bedroom. After that she was instant with me going to nevermore so that they can keep an eye on me, since there would be "more of your kind there" (in her own words). It was a rather daunting and overwhelming prospect leaving my hometown for the first time to live abroad. Being nurodivergent I find big life changes hard, so moving here has been really difficult to go through. Ive left all of family and friends behind. It was like loosing my entire support system in one go. I'd never felt so alone until now. Nevermore was far away from my country, so I would be boarding here like the rest of the students. It would be a hard adjustment to say the least...

*Time skip to arriving at Nevermore*

I’d heard so much about this place but seeing it in person was something else! As my family and I drove up the long country road that led to the school, I gazed out of the window, fascinated by how luscious and vibrant the green trees in the forrest are. The occasional rays of bright golden sunlight peeking through the gaps in the branches.

I snapped out of my daydream when the car suddenly slowed down, pulling up outside the school. It was an intimidating place, it looked like some sort of haunted mansion from a horror movie! My stomach twisted and turned in nerves as I stepped out of the car. I thank the driver for the ride and take ny luggage to the large wooden front door. I pull the string on a silver doorbell, and wait for someone to come and greet me.

The door eventually opened, and a tall blonde woman emerged. She was wearing a stylish blue-silver officewear type dress with a long overcoat. She greets me with a polite handshake and welcomes me inside.

She has angelic eyes - blue like the ocean, a big comforting smile that could light up a room, as well as a caring, gentle and supportive personality. She was very glamorous in the way she always would have her hair pinned back perfectly in an elegant updo, and pretty makeup.

My nerves started to fade in her presence. Her voice was soft and calming. As I watched the vehicle with my mother inside exit the carpark and drive back down the long country lane, I felt my lip begin to quiver. I wasn't ready for so much change and to be so far away from all that I ever knew. I was starting to miss the comfort of having them around already.

It was while I was lost in my thoughts, tearing up a little standing at the doorway when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder all of a sudden, and the Principal’s soft voice above me saying  “come along love, let’s get you settled in”.

Principal Weems helped me to carry my heavier bags up to her office. She told me more about the school then went over some paperwork and had a look over my school files with me.

“So Y/n" She begins typing at her computers keyboard. "I understand from what your mother has told me that you’re a shapeshifter, correct?”

I felt nervous to be admitting this to her. Not many people really knew of my abilities yet.

I simply nod in response, looking at the ground below me. I almost couldn't face looking her in the eye to say the words. I was too scared to be judged or harmed for being different.