The Truth

Letty's POV

Letty's POV

"Letty, come on" Embry says, grabbing my hand and dragging me to my car. As the wolves clash. He gets me into the car and grabs my keys. "Strap in" he tells me and starts to drive away. As Jacob's wolf pushes Paul's into the forest.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask him.

"Emily's, don't worry, everything will be explained," he assures me.

"So you're all werewolves?" I ask him.

"Wolf shifters, completely different thing," he states.

"Is everyone a wolf in our group?" I ask.

"Emily, Kim, and Claire aren't. They're imprints, " he tells me.

"What the hell is an imprint?" I ask him as we pulled up to Emily's house.

"Jake explains it's like gravity shifting. It's not the earth holding you here anymore. She does. You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a protector, or a lover, or a friend, " he explains.

He gets out of the car, and I follow suit. He leads me inside. "Letty, what a lovely surprise," Emily says, smiling. I notice Seth and Leah here also.

"Why is she here?" Seth asks.

"She found out about Rachel and saw Paul shift," Embry states.

"He told her abiut imprinting on Jacob's sister?" Seth asks.

"Paul imprinted on the bitch?" I demand.

"Yep, same thing happened between Sam, Emily, and I," Leah states. "He was told not to let you grow attached as he may imprint one day. But he didn't listen, " she states.

"When?" I ask.

"About two months ago. It's why Quil and Jacob are so pissed at him lately. Because he was stringing you both along" Leah states.

"He's been cheating on me for two months?" I demand.

"No, he and Rachel are just friends" Seth assures me.

"Really? Then why did he moan her name when we were making out?" I snap.

"He has been fantasising about her" Leah states.

"Leah" Emily says in a scolding tone.

"What? She deserves the truth, the whole truth. We all know he is in stage 3" Leah states.

"Stage 3?" I ask, confused.

"Embry and Quil made them up" Seth states. "Stage 1, if the imprintee is young, the shape-shifter will act as an older sibling. Like Quil is to Claire" he explains.

"Stage 2, as the imprintee grows older, the shape-shifter will also come to be their best friend" Embry continues. "That was the stage Paul was in with Rachel " he state.

"And stage 3?" I ask.

"They become intimate friends, meaning their feelings for each other are changing into romantic feelings. This stage may or may not happen to the imprintee, but the imprinter will fall in love with his imprintee. They will not "see" any other woman at all. Their imprintee is all he cares about, and he will love her even if she rejects him, " Leah explains.

"Stage 4, when the imprintee is old enough, the shape-shifter's feelings grow into romantic love and they get together," Seth states. "Sam, Emily, Jared, and Kim are all in stagr 4" he adds, shrugging.

"Why did you guys never tell me? It's been over a year, " I state.

"Because only elders, pack members, and imprints are allowed to know. It's a pack law, " Sam states as he enters the house. "Paul wants to talk" he tells me.

"I don’t want to talk to liar," I snap. "Was he ever in love with me?" I ask Leah.

"Yes" she answers.

"Has Paul ever ditched me to spend time with Rachel?" I ask.

"Once, your 3rd anniversary. She called him as she had a flat tire. Billy was out fishing, and Jacob was on patrol, " Leah states.

"Leah" Sam growls.

"I won't lie to her Sam, she deserves to know," Leah sneers.

"So he was going to dump me for a girl he doesn't know, and then I was going to lose you all?" I ask as tears well up.

"We can't control who we imprint on or when. Paul always longed for you to be the one. But he knew before you got back together that you weren't " Quil state. Appearing with Mason. "Embry texted, I am so sorry you have to go through this, Letty," he says, handing me Mason.

"If he knew we could break up one day. Why did he start dating me again? Why did he give me this stupid promise ring? Why did he plan a future with me?" I demand.  "We had it wll planner out," I say with a whimper. "We were going to elope next year, buy a house, get a dog, and try for another baby. We were going to grow old together, " I sob. Quil hugs me close as Leah takes Mason.

"I never wanted to hurt you, Letty," Paul says softly. "I'll always love you and Mason. I will always be here for you both. But I can't lie to you or myself anymore. I'm no longer in love with you, " he states.

"You've broken my heart," I tell him.

"I know, and I can't apologise enough for that. But please don't cut me out of your lives. " he pleads.

"She doesn't owe you a thing," Quil sneers.

"I can't look at you right now or deal with this. But I promise you will be in Mason's life. But I have one rule, " I tell him.

"Anything," he tells me.

"Rachel is not allowed anywhere near our son. Ever, that's non-negotiable, " I  tell him.

"But..." he tries to protest.

"Non-negotiable Paul, you keep that skank away from my son. Otherwise, you can forget ever seeing him in person again. We clear?" I ask.

"Crystal," he growls out.

"Quil, take Mason and I home" I say. He nods, and I remove the promise ring. "Goodbye, Paul," I say and take Mason into my arms. I leave with Quil, and he takes us home. He promised to show me his wolf one day and that I'd never lose him. He also told me that our grandfather knows the truth about wolves. But not mum and that we can't tell her. I agreed.

A/N

Picture above of Paul's wolf and picture in chapter of Sam & Jacob's wolves.