Paul's Talk with Rachel

Letty and Mason are mentioned, but are not present in this chapter.

Third Persons POV

Today Paul decides to tell Rachel the truth about imprinting on her and why he is no longer with Letty. He prays she doesn't try talk to Letty. It'd make her hurt more and make things worse between them. He hates himself for hurting her, he should of listened to the pack back when he found out Letty was pregnant. But he was to stubborn and naive, thought he knew better and that if he was with her long enough he'd imprint on her.

But then Rachel came back and everything changed. Again he ignored the pack and elders advice. He stayed with Letty, thinking friendship with Rachel wold be enough. But then he started to fantasize about her as more then a friend. He knows he screwed up big time and it's Letty who was hurt most. His son won't remember Paul and Letty being together, and will still know his father.

Paul hopes Letty can find it in herself to find love again. But at the same time, he doesn't. He can't stand the thought of someone else being a father figure to his son. Which is why he understands how Letty feels about Rachel. He promised himself he'd make sure Rachel will only ever been seen as an aunt to Mason and not a step mother.

Rachel meanwhile, having no idea what Paul was planning on talking to her about. Made them lunch. Her dad is at Charlie's with old Quil. Trying to stop him from making missing posters of Jake. As they know where he is, they just can't tell Charlie where.

When Paul arrives Rachel lets him in with a smile. "I made us lunch, I hope pizza is ok?" she asks.

"Yeah, it's fine" he mutters.

"Everything ok?" she asks.

"I think it's time you knew why Letty and I are no longer together, can we sit?" Paul asks.

"But the food..." she tries to say.

"Just put it in the fridge, this is more important Rachel" he tells her. She nods and goes to put the pizzas away, but got them a glass of water each. "So you remember the legend of imprinting?" he asks once they were seated in the small living room.

"Yes, I do" she says. "It was told at the bonfire" she states.

"Well, the first thing you should know Letty isn't my imprint" he tells her.

"She's not?" she asks surprised. "But then why date her after what Sam put Leah through?" she asks him confused.

"Because, back when I shifted. After I realized she wasn't my imprint, I avoided her. But then she told me she was pregnant with Mason. I was naive and very stubborn. I thought if I was with her long enough, I'd imprint on her. Especially after she had out son. I never did.

I shouldn't of lead her on. Or let myself believe that we could live together forever. That I wouldn't imprint on anyone. So against the council and Sam's advice. I let Letty fall for me more and let myself fall for her.

We even started to plan future together. I gave her a promise ring. Promising to love and protect her & Mason always. We were going to elope next year actually" he explains.

"You were?" she asks shocked.

"Yes, as I said we had a future planned together. Elope next year, get a house together and a dog. Then have another baby. But then that all changed" he tells her.

"Because you imprinted on someone?" she guesses.

"Yes" he says.

"But you didn't break up with her then did you?" she asks.

"I didn't, even though everyone told me I should. But I was being stubborn again and naive. I thought if I was just my imprint's best friend, I could still have the life Letty & I dreamed of. But that didn't happen, without me noticing. I started to fall out love with Letty and in love with my imprint" he explains.

"Then how did you two break up? Did she walk in on you with your imprint or something?" Rachel asks him.

"Or something" he says and drains the glass of water. "Two weeks before Mason's birthday, Letty and I were making out. Having a night without Mason. When I said my imprints name" he states.

"You said another woman's name?" she asks aghast.

"Moaned it actually" he groans. "I fucked up big time Rach, and I know that. When I tried to tell Letty that my imprint with only a friend and that I loved her. I said my imprint's name again. We got into a huge fight and she threatened to take Mason away. I shifted and would have hurt her if not for the pack" he explains.

"So you guys broke up?" she asks.

"Yes" he says.

"And your imprint, where is she? Does she know what happened between you and Letty?" she asks.

"She does" he tells her.

"Does Letty know about imprinting?" she asks.

"She knows everything, she was told everything. She understands, I couldn't help imprinting and how much I regret hurting her. She also understands that I will one day date and marry my imprint. But she is not ready for that, nor does she want my imprint near Mason without her supervision" he states.

"Understandable" Rachel says nodding her head.

"I also don't want to date her yet, I want to focus on mending my friendship with Letty and being there for my son. But I also can't ignore my imprint" he states.

"So who is she? This girl you imprinted on?" Rachel asks curious.

"Haven't you figured it out Rachel? Think, you're smart" he tells her. She frowns and thinks back to what's happened since she's back. About the two times she's seen Letty and Mason. Then gasps in horror.

"Me?" she asks and he nods. "Oh Paul, I am so sorry" she tells him with tears in her eyes. "I never wanted to cause problems for anyone" she states.

"I know that" he assures her.

"I also don't have those sorts of feelings for you" she adds. "I mean, I am four years older then you and you are still a bit immature. But maybe in a couple of years, once you mature more. We may work, but right now. I agree you should focus on Letty and Mason. But I hope we can still hang out" she states.

"Thanks Rachel, I'm so glad you understand the situation we're in. All because I was stupid" he states.

"You're not stupid Paul, you are still young and have much to learn. But I can see how much you love your son and what an amazing father you are. I can also see how much you are beating yourself up over breaking Letty's heart. I promise to follow whatever rules she deems necessary, after all a toddler is involved and she is his mother" she states.

"Speaking of Mason, I want you to know. You won't ever be step mum to him, you'll be Aunt Rachel. Even if we do start dating and marry one day. Is that ok?" he asks.

"That's fine" she assures him. "You hungry?" she asks. He nods and she goes to heat up the pizza. They have it, then he left for patrol. As Billy was dropped off home, by old Quil.

A/N

Picture above of Rachel and Paul.

Possible future matches, most popular wins. So please comment on the one you like the most.

1. Letty and Embry

2. Letty and Vampire OC (Cullen Witness)

3. Letty and Wolf OC (Sam or Jake's cousin)

4. Or Letty stays single

How would you all feel about Leah imprinting on Mason?