Mason's 1st Birthday

Letty's POV

Letty's POV

It is finally Mason first birthday. Which we are having onn the beach. I can't believe he is a year old already. Anyway, Jacob ran away from home about a week ago after receiving an invite to Bella and Edward's wedding. Which is on the 13th of August. Rachel saw him shift and knows about the supernatural being real now.

Anyway, everything is set up for the party. There's a few white blankets set out, a table for presents and another for food & drink. The weather is perfect. It's sunny out and not windy. Not a rain cloud in sight.

Paul hasn't arrived yet. Which is strange. But I can't focus on that right now. The other guests are arriving. "He's gotten so big," Emily states. As Mason plays with Claire under the watchful eyes of Quil, Seth, and Leah.

"I know, I can't believe it's been a year already," I state. "Thank you for allowing me to still be friends with the pack, Sam. It means a lot, " I tell him.

"Of course, besides, you know our secret, and it'd kill Paul if he couldn't raise his son," he states.

"Still, I am grateful." I tell him. "So when are you going to finally tie the knot? Feels like you've been engaged forever, " I state.

"Next year, as long as nothing else threatens the tribe," she states. Paul finally arrives with a box in his arms.

"About time you rocked up, nearly everyone else is here," I tell him.

"Sorry, I had to collect Mason's present," he states. Mason toddles over, and Paul smiles, crouching down to his height. "Hey buddy, happy birthday," he says, placing the box in front of Mason.

"We were going to do presents later," I state.

"Trust me, you want him to open it now," he tells me. I nod, and Mason opens it to reveal a puppy.

"Doggy!" Mason squeals, and the pup yips happily as Paul takes it out.

"What will you name him?" Paul asks Mason. Who looks around confused. Then grabs a rock showing it to us.

"Rocky." he says.

"Then Rocky it is." I tell him. "Go show Claire," I suggest, and he runs off. Rocky is following him. "Thank you, Paul," I say, grateful. He smiles, and it disappears as he looks over my shoulder.

"I swear, I didn't invite her, Letty," he tells me.

"I know, I did," I tell him, and he looks surprised. "I've had a lot of time to think about us and your future relationship with her. I know it's wrong to give altermatims in regards to her and Mason. Especially as she will be the mother of his future siblings one day. So I am prepared to give her a chance, but only when I am around currently. " I explain. "Besides, she and Billy are going through hell since Jacob ran away. She needs her best friend, " I state.

"Hi Paul, Letty, thanks for inviting us," Rachel says.

"Of course, you will be family one day after all," I state. "I am sorry about Jacob, Billy," I add.

"He will be back," he states confidently.

"What did you mean about us being family?" Rachel asks, confused.

"You haven't told her yet?" I ask Paul.

"I wanted to focus on you and Mason. Especiailly as it's his 1st birthday, " he states.

"She deserves to know the truth, Paul,just as I did. Don't make the same mistake twice, " I tell him. "Besides, she already knows the legends of the tribe are true," I I add.

"What do the tribe legends have to do with anything? " Rachel asks, confused.

"They are why Paul and I arenolonger together, he'll explain at a later date. For now, we celebrate Mason, but I must ask you not to touch him, Rachel, " I tell her.

"Why not?" She asks.

"Rachel, do as Letty says. Thank you again for inviting us," Billy tells me. I nod and go collect the kids. It's time for cake. Mason had a blue smash cake to himself. He loved smashing it and got he covered in cake. Luckily I hade a change of clothes for him and baby wipes.

Once he was cleaned he opened his presents with Rocky helping. Mason got tons of toys and clothes. We then had a bonfire with smores. Until Mason fell asleep in my arms. I took him home with Paul and Rocky. "Thank you for today, Mason had a lot of fun" I tell Paul.

"Of course, I'm glad he likes Rocky" he states. "Did you mean what you said about Rachel?" he asks.

"Yes, but no PDA in front of Mason or I. I am not ready for that" I state.

"Or for her to hold him. I completely understand and I am willing to follow any rules you set" he tells me.

"First you need to tell Rache the truth" I tell him. "And the whole truth Paul. Not just that she's your imprint and we broke up because of that. You need to tell her exactly what happened and the truth about how serious we were. She deserves all the facts" I state. He nods his head in understanding.

"Again, I am sorry for breaking your heart Letty, I never wanted too" he tells me. "I thought it'd be fine if Rachel and I stayed best friends. Then I'd still be able to have the life we dreamed about together. I prayed that I wouldn't fall for her, but I couldn't fight it" he explains.

"I understand Paul, but you should of told me the truth from the beginning. At least you should have kept me from falling for you after I told you about Mason" I tell him.

"I know, everyone told me not date you and not make promises I may break one day. But you know how stubborn I am, so I didn't listen" he states. "But at least we have no more secrets" he adds.

"True, anyway I am gonne call it a night" I tell him.

"I have to get to patrol, remember I am only a call away" he reminds me.

"Don't forget to talk to Rachel" I add. He nods his head and left. I sigh sadly. Wishing he didn't have to leave, that I could just wallow in self pity. But I can't, Mason needs me to be strong and I maybe a teenager. But I am a mother first and they don't cry over boys who break their heart and already have a future partner ready for them. A perfect match for him.

Who knows, maybe I'll find love again one day and next time my heart won't be broken. But I'm not ready for that yet, just as I am not ready for Paul to date Rachel. No matter how much I say it's ok and that it doesn't bother me. I sigh and got ready for bed. Calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Mason now and picture in chapter of Rocky.