Wedding

Letty's POV

I arrive at the wedding with Seth, his mum and Billy. I take Mason out of his car seat and we join the line of people being greeted. By whom I assume it the groom and his father. Vampires are diffidently beautiful, I notice they both had golden honey eyes. Guess that's the key difference between them and human killing vampires. Who I've been told have blood red eyes. Though both go nearly black when they haven't fed in a while. It looks like they both fed recently, their colour is very vibrant.

We soon reach the front of the line. "Billy thanks for coming, hi Seth" the guy I assume Edward says.

"Thanks for the invite Edward, pleasure to see you again Dr Cullen. This is my mum Sue" Seth says.

"Pleasure" Sue says shaking Dr Cullen's hand.

"You must be Leticia" Edward says with a smile.

"Letty" I tell him. "Thank you and Bella for inviting us" I state.

"Of course, I hope you enjoy the wedding" he tells me.

"We should find our seats" Billy states.

"You're next to Charlie, front row" Dr Cullen tells us. We thank him and Seth pushes Billy. While I follow with Sue as I carry Mason. Who will wake from his nap soon. I have some food for him in the nappy bag I have brought. We take our designated seats.

Soon everyone is seated and Edward stands beside the minister. We soon hear the music and all stand. Then turn to see Charlie walking his daughter Bella down the aisle. Mason wakes in time to see Charlie hand Bella's hand to Edward. We all sit down as the Minster begins to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here on this glorious day to witness the union of Edward Cullen and Bella Swan" the minster says. He looks at Edward. "Please, repeat after me" he tells him. "I, Edward Cullen" he says. Edward repeats. The vows were pretty traditional. But instead of until death do we part. They said as long as we both shall live.

They said their 'I dos' and were pronounced Husband and Wife. They kissed each other passionately while we clapped. I tried not to cry as I tried not to imagine mine and Paul's wedding. Sure we were going to elope, but we had prepared our own personal vows. It hurts still that we won't have that future anymore.

"Letty, you ok?" Seth asks me concerned.

"Yeah, just thinking" I tell him. The reception begins and I hand him his apple puree food pouch. As we all sit down to eat. I was surprised by the high chair at our table. But I am touched. Mason sits in it happily sucking on his food pouch as I eat. The speeches were amusing, though some were very sweet. Bella's mum song her a lullaby.

The party is now in full swing and my little by decides he needs a nappy change. Dr Cullen appears. "We had a room prepared encase this happened, for you change him in private" he tells me.

"Thank you" I say and he takes the nappy bag. "I'll be back" I tell Seth and he nods his head. Billy and Sue look uneasy, but don't say anything. "So how long have you been a doctor?" I ask him as we enter the house.

"For centuries now" he states.

"Wow, does the blood not bother you?" I ask him curious.

"I've had many years of practice, and I am now practically immune to the smell. Though my family and I still try to feed once a week. To help with any potential cravings" he explains.

"Are there others like your family?" I ask him.

"Our cousins, the Denali's are. They live in Alaska, they are here for the wedding" he tells me. "I told Billy, they'd be staying for a day. As we haven't seen them in a while" he states. "Here we are" he says as we enter a room.

"Thanks" I say. "Um, can I ask you some questions now?" I ask and he nods his head. "So some vampires have gifts, you call them. Is there a way to determine when you come across a gifted vampire?" I ask him. As I start to change Mason while Carlisle stands by the window looking outside.

"Eleazar, one of our cousins has a gift. That allows him to tell when a vampire is gifted and what the gift is. But for those without his gift, it can be more difficult to determine if someone new has a gift. The only real way to know is to see the vampire use it" he explains.

"Interesting" I say. "Besides the eyes, are there any other difference between your family and one that drinks human blood?" I ask.

"We find living together easier then others of our kind. Most covens only have two or three members. Most are nomads" he tells me. "The only group close to my families size with members, is the Volturi. They govern our world, in force our laws" he states.

"Vampires have laws too?" I ask curious.

"Only one is regularly enforced, that we keep what we are a secret" he states.

"Then won't you get in trouble telling me these things? I wouldn't want to endanger your family" I tell him. As I finish changing Mason. Who has fallen back to sleep.

"We'll be fine, besides we didn't tell you about our kind. You found out from the pack, which we have agreed to let slide" he states.

"Right, the treaty" I say. "Ok, about age differences? Is there a difference between you and a vampire starts been around a thousand years?" I ask him.

"Well you already know about newborns from the pack. As for older more ancient vampires. Their skin is pale, almost translucent. Don't mistake their age for weakness, they don't get to be old without having won a few battles" he tells me. "You can tell if one has thought a lot due to scars" he adds.

"Vampires can get scars?" I ask.

"Only from other vampires and wolves" he states.

"Did you ever have a family?" I ask.

"I never had kids before I turned. I only had my father when I was human. Most vampires don't remember much from their human lives" he tells me. "Our last memories stay" he adds. "I must congratulate you on the baby" he states.

"Thanks, his the light of my life" I say smiling at Mason.

"Not him, though he is precious. I meant your other baby" he tells me. I frown in confusion.

"I don't have another baby" I tell him.

"Yes, you do" he says with a frown. "I can hear it's heartbeat" he states looking at my flat stomach.

"No, you must be mistaking. I can't be pregnant" I tell him as I start to panic.

"It's been decades since I was an OB-Gyn, but I still recognize a fetal heartbeat when I hear one" he states. I sit down. "Breath Letty, deep breaths in and out" he tells me.

"We were so careful, we said no more until after marriage and we had a house" I say as tears appear in my eyes.

"I did not mean to upset you" he tells me.

"I'm just overwhelmed, is the baby ok?" I ask.

"May I?" he asks gesturing to my stomach and I nod. He feels it. "Seems to be about three months along. From what I can tell, it's healthy" he states.

"I'll make an appointment" I tell him and he nods his head. Just then Seth appears. "Something wrong Seth" I ask him.

"Sam was just here, it's time for us to go" he tells me.

"Ok" I say confused. "Thanks for the talk Dr Cullen, can we keep this a secret for now?" I ask him. He nods his head. "I'll be in touch for more information" I assure him. He writes his number down and hands it to me. I leave with Seth. We find his mum and Billy. Then the five of us leave and return to our our homes on the reservation.

A/N

Picture above of Letty dressed for the wedding.