It's more about emotions than money

Umeed's ride back home with Haya and Sameer was smooth, with them discussing the dresses she and Mimi bought and the fun they had in the process. After having a quiet dinner with pasha sahab and the rest of the family members, Umeed rushed to her room with Haya to try on the bought dresses. She wore all the four dresses she bought earlier today, and all looked good, but Haya seemed confused seeing them all and couldn't help herself but ask; Umeed yeh 4 mein se 3 dress to tumne black kharidi hai jab ki tumhe to colorful kapde pasand hai, in fact, tumhari nail paint bhi to bright pastel shades hoti hai. Jaha tak mujhe yaad hai, black color to Farjaad ka favorite hai, ye tum uske pasandide rang ki shopping kyon kar aayi ho? Kabhi coffee pii ne ki khwahish zahir karti ho to kabhi kale kapde kharid lati ho, tum dono ke beech chal kya raha hai?

     Farjaad ki birthday party par tumne painting Reena ko thama di,tumhari banvayi painting use gift karne kyon di? Muhe yaad hai pehle pura mall ghumaya tumne mujhe aur Sameer ko lekin tumhe kuch pasand nahi aaya, phir jaa kar kahi Sameer se ek din ke notice pe itni achi painting banvayi par last moment pe tumne Reena ko woh painting de di. Tumhari Reena se aisi to kya baat hui thi ki tumne apni gift use de di? Jab mai aur Sameer tumhe lene aaye the to na tumhari nazar Farjaad se hatt rahi thi aur na hi unhe dekhte hue tumhari muskan ruk rahi thi, Farjaad ka bhi yahi haal tha. Aisa to kya ho gaya ki birthday party par dono mein se kisi ne baat nahi ki lekin uske agle din dono ki ek dusre se nazre nahi hatt rahi thi, bata bhhi do kya chal raha hai?

     Umeed didn't expect Haya to be this observant of their behavior but immediately came up with an excuse for buying the monochrome dress for her future business meetings and the reason for smiling to be just cordial in the presence of others. Haya didn't buy her answer and replied mai nahi manti par thik hai jab tak tum dono jung na laro logo ki zindagi mein sukoon rahega, mai nahi Changez Khan larta hai to usi se yeh baat batyana. Mai sone lagi hu, tum bhi sone ki tayari karo, and they put an end to the conversation.

     Soon after their conversation, Haya fell asleep, but Umeed, reminiscing about today's events, couldn't help but smile. She wanted to confront Farjaad about his engagement news, but before she could, she had to leave, and yet she was content at heart. She didn't come to terms with the reason and at the same time found it silly to subconsciously have bought three black dresses, though it's not her style, but because the last time she saw Reena at Farjaad's birthday, she was wearing black. She bought 3 of them, thinking if Reena could carry them, she could do it better than her. She hated being envious of Reena, but she knew imagining Farjaad even near Reena made her furious for unknown reasons. She had a lot of questions but no answers, but today, she was too content to think about Reena and Farjaad in a single frame and didn't realize when she dozed off.

     At the other end, once Umeed left, Farjaad had a quiet dinner with Mimi and Niggo. After dinner, he requested Mimi to bring coffee to his room in the next 30 minutes and apologized for making her do Niaz's work. Mimi politely agreed to the request, saying bhai isme apologize karne wali kya baat hai, mai le aaungi aap chinta na kare. Farjaad was working on the presentation for his upcoming meeting when his eyes fell on a horse painting that Reena gifted him on his birthday. He still couldn't wrap his head around why Reena gifted him something this sentimental; how could she have known about his liking? How Umeed knew he was fond of horses and should have had the widest smile seeing that painting gifted to him.

     He still loved the painting, so he decided to hang it on a wall and got lost in the depth of the painting, which was when Mimi entered the room. She knew that Umeed handed over the painting, and Reena falsely claimed it to be her gift when gifting it to Farjaad. She didn't have hard feelings for Reena before this, but this time, Mimi was furious at her and wanted Farjaad to know the truth but didn't feel wise to tell it herself. She broke Farjaad off his thoughts, saying bhai yeh rahi aapki coffee, dekhe bilkul waqt par le aayi hu, Farjaad thanked her for the coffee with a smile.