The fiance

On her way out, Umeed was furious and now regretted storming off the place without hitting Reena. Farjaad just reached home from the watch shop and headed in after parking the car, on his way inside taking his aviators off he bumped into furious Umeed and his laptop bag flew off to hit the ground near the patio chair. 

     Farjaad was the first to realize the knock.

Umeed tum thik ho? Itne gusse mein kyon nikali ho ghar se, Mimi se to nahi ladkay aayi ho!! Umeed couldn't control her anger and just blabbered back in one breath;

Aapko kabse meri fikar hone lagi?

 Aap jayein andar apni fiance ke paas, ghar bhi isiliye jaldi wapis aaye honge Reena se milna jo hoga. 

Milne ki itni jaldi hai ki ye bhi khayal nahi raha ki samne se koi aa raha hai, waise to ghariyal ban'ne se fursat nahi milti par aaj dekho daude daude chaley aayein hein kisi se milnay. 

     Farjaad couldn't wrap his head around a single word she spoke and had to intervene her raising his voice by a note.

Umeed ye kya bole jaa rahi ho, kaun fiance, kiski fiance, mai apne ghar aaya hu yaha kis'se mil lunga? 

Reena aayi hui hai ye mujhe tumse pata chal raha hai, office se mai apne neejhi kaam ki wajah se jaldi aaya hua hu.

     Umeed knew Farjaad's justification made sense, but she was worked up because of what happened with Reena and just wanted to leave the place. Jo bhi hai, mera masla nahi hai mera raasta chore ghar jaana hai maine. 

Mai chor deta hu, itne gusse mein tumne kisi ki gari ko zarur takkar maar deni hai. 

Gari nahi hai, Mimi ke sath aayi thi auto se chali jaungi aap milay apni fiance se. 

 Are bhai kaun fiance, mujhe bhi bataou ye ho kya raha hai aur agar mujhse masla hai to driver chor dega itne gusse mai akele to nahi jane dunga. 

Kuch nahi ho raha, mai chali apne raste aur aap andar jaye meri fikar karne ki zaroorat nahi hai aur keh de driver se aap bahar intezar kar rahi hu jaldi se aa jaye. 

Sure, Farjaad dials a call to the driver and instructs him to drive her home safely. Thank you, she picked up the fallen laptop bag handed it to him, and uttered please ab aap andar jaye. Farjaad was still wondering what he encountered but still, with a polite smile and a bye, he headed inside as Umeed left. 

     On her way to the car, Umeed knew Farjaad didn't deserve this cold shoulder behavior but even she didn't deserve such an unexpected encounter with Reena. It has been days since she wanted to confront Farjaad, but considering the circumstances and their last argument in the garden it now feels like a fantasy.

     With a confused mind, and a bit worried about Umeed; Farjaad entered the house, he felt migraine since he neither had a proper lunch to compensate for his work nor his afternoon coffee since he had to visit the watch shop later. Umeed's words still revolved in his mind aapki fiance, daude daude chale aayein when he stopped in his tracks to realize Niggo, Reena, and Mimi were having a conversation in the entertainment room and his brain reiterated Umeed's words "ghar bhi isiliye jaldi wapis aaye honge Reena se milna jo hoga". 

     It took thrice for Niggo to call him out and break his chain of thought, jee maa. 

Farjaad hamare sath aa kar betho Reena bhi kafi dino baad aayi hui hai, join us. 

Nahi maa mere sar mein dard hai, aaram karna chah raha hu please Niaz se keh kar mere room mein chai bhijva de. 

Chai??