Can't put into words

Farjaad was agitated by the conversation with Niggo before he left for the office and just wanted this day to end though it had just begun. The moment he parked his car he shot daggers at every polite smile or morning wish that came his way. He wasn't as upset about his mom finding a girl for him as he was with an assumption of him being the finance of a girl he resents.

     The staff didn't miss noting him being a tad more grumpy than he usually was, everyone around avoided meeting his eye and hoped to stay out of his way as long as possible but Mehak had no choice but to update Farjaad about his schedule for the day. So she greeted him good morning on his way to the cabin and began narrating the meetings scheduled...

 Boss your day starts with a rescheduled meeting with Majid Sahab at 10 am, followed by a 3-hour conference with the market analysts and finance team to discuss the earnings of the current quarter and brainstorm the strategies for the upcoming quarter.

Farjaad just nodded at the information, Mehak was thankful for him not uttering a word because he wasn't in the best of moods and it was better to stay as far as possible.

Conference ke baad aapka calendar free hai for 1 hour to mai us time aapka lunch aapke cabin mein bhijva dungi.

Farjaad side-eyed and responded us ki fikar aap na karein mujhe jab chahiye hoga mein khana mangva lunga.

     Mehak was confused by his irritation at a simple suggestion of delivering lunch to his cabin which wasn't fair. However, Farjaad still had his mom's words afresh in his mind " I asked you before if you like Mehak from the office. She is pretty, and a few makeovers will make her adjust to your lifestyle", if he didn't want to assume their relation with him then he wasn't in favor of wandering thoughts of his mom to hitch him with an assistant.

Mehak without stretching the conversation, replied ok boss.

Boss starting at 2 p.m. you have two more Zoom meetings with the project managers and nothing after 4:30 p.m.

Boss aapko aur aik update deni thi, aapke schedule mein nahi hai but you asked to inquire about it.

Kahein.

Boss wo aapki cousin Reena ko call kiya tha as you asked but she didn't call back with the artist details as promised. I'll try to follow up today.

Koi details nahi chahiye, kisi follow up ki zaroorat nahi hai. If she calls, don't redirect it to me. Kafi masroofiyat hai, and I don't want to be disturbed at any point. Aur kuch?

No Boss.

Okay, please mere cabin mein coffee bhijva de in the next 10 minutes before Majid Sahab comes for the scheduled meeting.

Farjaad storms off into the cabin before Mehak asserts the request. 

     At the other end, Mimi and Umeed had a cheerful ride to the university with them discussing their nail paints, dresses, weather, and whatnot. Mimi noted the extra cheer in Umeed's voice and Umeed didn't miss assuring her anxious Mimi about the project research she had been dreading for a few days now.

Mimi, ye nail paint to bara pyara hai. Pehle to kabhi nahi lagate dekha tumhe.

Haan, Umeed maa ka hai mujhe pasand aa gaya tha to unse borrow kar liya tha.

Nice, aaj mausam bhi acha hai aur traffic bhi kam hai. University waqt se pauhch jayenge, phir aik cup chai pikar library chalte hai

Umeed, phirse chai?

Phirse kaha abhi to din shuru hua hai; research se pehle chai, research ke time chai aur research complete hone par bhi chai pini hai abhi.

Umeed, tum aur tumhari chai. Khair kare!