Forward

To begin this story, I must clarify that this takes place in a continuity that keeps more faithful to the video game and comic book tie-ins. So it does not take place in the animated movie. It's still kind of cool that I've written two Injustice fanfictions this year, and it feels appropriate to do so on the video game's 10th anniversary. When I first wrote Injustice Son Of The Phantasm, Andrea was more of a sidelined supporting character, not unlike an NPC in a video game, lol. And Kevin never really experienced the five years of Injustice since he was in a man out of time/hero's journey situation. While it was nice to have Andrea on Bruce's side, given her history, it would actually make better sense if Andrea sided with Superman, and I can imagine she would think he was right to kill Joker. It makes better sense for her character. It was interesting exploring Andrea's villainous side in Awakenings, and while Kevin is the main character in this story, his estranged relationship with his mother and how he copes with it is definitely the heart of this story. And with the Green Lantern logo as the cover of this story, it's quite obvious Kevin will be a Green Lantern. Blue or Green Lantern seem suitable for Kevin if I were to choose. In fact, Kevin's suit is inspired by the Elsewords story Batman: In Darkest Knight. And yes, part of this fanfiction is also inspired by some role-plays I did with In_A_Roleplay_Daze Special thanks to her for letting me use her other OC Olympia Affair, even if it's a supporting role who provides deus ex machina. This story is definitely a doozy, so I hope that you all like it.