An Alliance

After Kevin left Bellevue to meet his father Bruce in Gotham City, Bruce welcomed Kevin with open arms. He even volunteered to get Kevin enrolled in Gotham University and pay for his tuition. It was the least that Bruce could do, and given Kevin's GPA credentials, the college accepted Kevin. Bruce's extended family was willing to accept Kevin as part of the family as well. Kevin befriended Alfred, Dick, Barbara, Tim, and Charity, although it did take Kevin's half brother Damian to warm up to him. But Kevin had a mostly good father-son relationship with Bruce. And of course, he always called Andrea every Sunday to let her know how he was doing and what he was up to.

Two years later, and Kevin was now 21. About two weeks after Kevin's birthday, something horrible happened that would impact everyone. On a typical early morning in Metropolis, a pregnant Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen were set up to meet some people for a report, but it was a trap and suddenly Jimmy was murdered and Lois was kidnapped by Joker and Harley Quinn. Superman and the Justice League looked everywhere for Joker's whereabouts. Eventually Superman found Lois and Joker on a ship, but Joker drugged Superman with a Kryptonite infused fear gas, which made Clark hallucinate that he was fighting Doomsday, the very creature that had killed him. Superman hurled "Doomsday" into space, not realizing that he put Lois and their unborn child into space. It should also be made of note that when Lois was under Joker's abduction, The Joker put a device in Lois's heart that was linked to a nuclear bomb in Metropolis!!!

The moment Lois's heart stopped beating and her unborn child died with her, the nuclear bomb exploded, destroying all of Metropolis!!! With his wife and unborn child dead, all of Metropolis reduced to a barren nuclear wasteland, Superman's moral c...

The moment Lois's heart stopped beating and her unborn child died with her, the nuclear bomb exploded, destroying all of Metropolis!!! With his wife and unborn child dead, all of Metropolis reduced to a barren nuclear wasteland, Superman's moral compass died. He hunted Joker down, and brutally killed him right in front of Batman! It was the day after the tragedy in Metropolis. Superman flew to the podium of the United Nations with a humiliated president of Bialya in tow. Superman went to a stage with various microphones and dropped the Bialyan president. Superman went to the mics, looking down, Wonder Woman by his left side. He said heavily, "I'm so sorry. We failed you. My name... my Earth name is Clark Kent. I am... I was a reporter for the Daily Planet. As a journalist, I spent too much time writing about the evil in the world. As a hero, I have spent too much time reacting to evils already perpetrated." He gripped the podium so intensely, it cracked. Superman continued, "no more. What happened yesterday can never be allowed to happen again. Monsters can no longer roam free among us." He pointed to the president of Bialya and said, "this man turned his weapons against his own people. He is a criminal and he will be tried as one. Those who would do the same, those would hurt others, know that I will come for you. I don't care about your lands or your beliefs. I don't care about your petty squabbles. I don't care if you're a madman or a terrorist, a king or a president. You do not have the right to take innocent lives. I am calling for an immediate worldwide ceasefire. All hostilities will stop immediately. Or I will stop them. It's over."

Various press reporters who recorded everything Superman said were taking various pictures of him and Diana as the Man of Steel turned his back to leave the podium backstage. He was deep in thought when he heard a female voice similar to Lois say, "that was one hell of a speech you gave there, Supes." Clark turned to the right and asked, "Lois??" In front of him was Andrea Beaumont. He looked at her and said, "I'm sorry. Your voice, it, uh, it reminded me of my wife."

"Funny, a lot of people my age would say I sound like Dana Delany," said Andrea, "did Lois sound like Dana Delany?" Clark thought about Lois and her mannerisms. Her voice was indeed similar to the New York born actress. It was almost uncanny. "I guess she did," reminisced Clark. "Did Bruce ever tell you about me?" Andrea asked. "I don't believe he ever did," replied Clark. Andrea offered her hand and replied, "Andrea Beaumont. I was Bruce's first girlfriend, and I'm Kevin's mother. He told me about meeting you. Bruce and I were actually going to be married, but I was forced to call off the wedding due to my father owing money to some mobsters." Clark shook Andrea's hand, gave a look of sympathy and said, "I'm sorry to hear that. But it's nice to meet you, Andrea."

"Before we continue this conversation, can I call you Clark?" Andrea asked. "Of course you can," assured Clark, giving her a consenting nod. "Clark, I fully understand what it's like to lose a loved one thanks to cruel criminals," sympathized Andrea, "the criminals who wanted money from my father, not only did they force me to call off my marriage to Bruce, but my father and I were forced to flee from Gotham with our lives. But even then, they found us and they murdered my father in cold blood. Like I said, I understand and fully relate to what you've been through. And like you, I found the criminals responsible for ruining my life and killed them as The Phantasm." Clark listened to Andrea's tragic story and said, "then you and I are more alike."

"Clark, you did the right thing in killing Joker," said Andrea, "destroying all of Metropolis and all those innocent people. And for what? Because it was funny? Letting Joker live after doing that would've been outrageous. If it had been my son that got killed by that monster, I'd do the exact same thing." Clark nodded and said, "there were a lot of young men around your son's age who died in Metropolis yesterday. Any civilians who did survive are now homeless. I appreciate that you relate to what I've been through." Andrea looked up at Superman and said, "I agree with what you said. A criminal, no matter how rich or poor, or if they're a king or a president, has no right taking innocent lives. I want to help you end crime for the greater good. Like you, I'm willing to take brutal measures to ensure peace." Clark put his fist below his chin in a pondering manner and said, "You've got my interest, Andrea. How would you like to join the Justice League?"