Getting An Affair In Order

It was several months after Kevin and Bruce's last confrontation with Damian and Superman. And now Kevin was in his Green Lantern suit, flying back to Earth after dealing with a mission on another planet that occurred in his sector. He wanted to find his father and let him know that he needed to go somewhere due to a message that his ring deciphered. Kevin decided it would be best to tell his father face to face. His ring told him that Bruce and Barbara were at a desert. He went to the exact location and saw his father in the Batsuit and Barbara in her Batgirl suit, unconscious. Kevin landed to where they were and said "hey Dad, sorry that I couldn't help you, Babs, and Aunt Kate. I had to go to another planet in my sector and wrestle a Negart that escaped from its cage because it was going to eat civilians. A Negart is pretty much the equivalent to a bear, except it had purple fur with yellow polka dots. What'd I miss?"

"Kate sacrificed herself to enact my contingency plan." Batman flatly said. Kevin gave a sad look and said, "I'm so sorry Dad..." With his first cousin once removed now gone, Bruce was practically the only biological family Kevin had left. He was quite sad regarding Kate's death because she was the closest he had to an aunt, regardless of being cousins. "We're going to make sure her death wasn't in vain," promised Batman, "what do you know about the multiverse, son?" Kevin gave an intrigued look and asked, "alternate dimensions? I studied Dr Martin Stein's theory in college, are you saying that alternate dimensions are possible?" Batman nodd and said, "yes. We found a prime dimension where Joker never destroyed Metropolis."

"And that means that prime world's Superman never got corrupted and never started the Regime," said Kevin. "Exactly," confirmed Batman, "and I summoned Prime counterparts of the Justice League to help me stop Superman once and for all. I promise you Kevin, Kate's sacrifice will not be in vain. We will stop Superman's Regime, for good. I have to go and find the prime heroes." Kevin looked at his ring, and the ring indicated that another Green Lantern from Sector 2814 was here on Earth, confirming what his father said. Kevin would have to assume it was a prime Green Lantern from that prime Earth, whether it was Hal Jordan or John Stewart, Kevin wasn't sure. He nodded and said, "okay good. I'll take Barbara with me, is she okay?" Kevin picked her up and Batman replied, "she's got a pulse. She should wake up soon."

"Good to know," said Kevin, "some mysterious figure sent a message that only my ring could decipher. I'm going to go to a specific location to see who sent the message. Hopefully it's not a Yellow Lantern or a Regime sympathizer." Batman got in his Batwing that finally appeared and he said, "so do I. Good luck, Kevin." The Green Lantern nodded and said "good luck to you too, Dad." The Batwing flew off, and Kevin then carried Barbara while flying out of the desert, looking to find the mysterious location. Five minutes later, Kevin was at the mysterious location, and he went inside finding a couple chairs and a table. Kevin gently placed Barbara down on a chair, and he was relieved when he could hear her breathing. About a minute later, Barbara came back to consciousness. She slowly opened her eyes and groaned, "Bruce... Where am I...?" Kevin removed his cowl and said, "hey babe. It's me." Barbara recognized her boyfriend and said, "Kevin! Where's Bruce? Where are we?"

"Dad's going off to find those prime heroes from that prime dimension he told me about," replied Kevin, "sorry again that I couldn't be there to help you and Aunt Kate." Barbara took off her mask and said,"it's okay babe. You have responsibilities on other planets, that's not your fault. I'm just glad to see you." Kevin gently stroked Barbara's face and said, "I'm glad to see you too. I'm glad you're alive. You able to feel your legs?" Barbara playfully poked Kevin's nose and said "of course I can, silly. But as much as I would love a back massage and a foot massage from you, I'd like to know where exactly you've taken me." Kevin walked around in observation and said, "that's the thing, someone sent a message only my Green Lantern ring could decipher, telling me to meet them there. Whether it's a trap, I don't know but they told me that they had critical need to know information regarding Tim..."