Fighting The Phantasm

Olympia's spaceship then flew all the way to the Fortress of Solitude, with Kevin following. Inside was just Olympia, Wally, and her robot assistant named Isaac, whose voice sounded like Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory. Olympia landed her spaceship and said, "Isaac, stay in the ship. I'll let you know when it's time to activate the red solar lights." Kevin waited as Olympia and Wally got outside, meeting up with him. "Is the Fortress clear?" Kevin asked. Barbara said on the radio, "Fortress is clear so far. No sign of Superman or Doomsday." Wally grabbed on to Kevin and Olympia and he said, "let's move." He then quickly got Kevin and Olympia inside The Fortress. Kevin said to the radio earpiece, "Green Lantern to Batgirl, we are in the Fortress of Solitude, I repeat, we are in the Fortress of Solitude." Barbara replied on the radio, "good. I'm hacking into the Phantom Zone portal right now." Kevin, Wally, and Olympia wandered around the Fortress until they found the dormant portal to The Phantom Zone, the infamous prison of Kryptonian criminals and monsters that was outside space and time itself. The portal opened and Batgirl said, "Batgirl to Green Lantern, Flash, and Olympia, the Phantom Zone is open."

"Duly noted Batgirl," said Olympia, "we're going in-" suddenly, a modulated voice interrupted, "who goes there, intruders?!?!" The three heroes turned around and saw Kevin's estranged mother Andrea in her Phantasm outfit, much to Kevin's dismay. "Whatever you're planning, you better stop right now or else I will stop it for you," threatened The Phantasm. Kevin looked at Wally and Olympia and he said, "focus on getting Cassie, Tim, and Kori out of there. I'll stall." Wally looked at Kevin and said, "good luck dude." He and Olympia then got in The Phantom Zone. Kevin looked at his estranged mother for the first time in five years and said, "hello Andrea. Or do you prefer The Phantasm?"

"So, you broke your promise of not becoming a superhero," said Andrea, "and you ally yourself with Insurgent criminals." Kevin frowned at his mother and replied, "I didn't choose to become a Green Lantern. The ring chose me. Am I really that much of a villain if your Justice League is full of supervillains and Yellow Lanterns? I know Dad screwed up disowning Damian, but you didn't really give me much of a choice." Andrea glared through her silver skull mask and said, "I am in no mood to play the game of who's right and who's wrong. I said that if you're not with me, then you are my enemy. You ally yourself with Batman, a wanted criminal, which makes you an enemy of Superman's Regime." Kevin smirked and said, "at least I'm not a killer like you and Clark are." The Phantasm pointed her scythe at Kevin, "I don't know why you and your accomplices have decided to break into the Fortress of Solitude, and I don't care. The moment those two get out of the Phantom Zone, you will end whatever this is and answer for your crimes to Superman. Surrender Insurgent, or else your angel of death awaits you."

Kevin's ring started to glow as he defiantly said, "If you're so willing to murder your only child, then do it

Kevin's ring started to glow as he defiantly said, "If you're so willing to murder your only child, then do it. But of course, you literally told me I'm not your son, so bring it." And the estranged mother and son started to fight. They punched each other, kicked each other, The Phantasm used some of her smoke tricks and teleportation to throw Kevin off guard, but Kevin was able to create tricks of his own with the willpower in his ring. He used every combative move that he learned from Bruce, not holding back, because if he made any rookie mistake, his own mother would not hesitate to kill him, and he wasn't going to let that happen, regardless of any personal feelings or attachments. Andrea tried to stab Kevin with her scythe, but Kevin willed up a shield with his ring, preventing the weapon from stabbing him. Kevin then grabbed the scythe and punched Andrea square in the jaw, knocking her flat on her back and forcing her mask off, ripping the scythe away from Andrea's right hand.

Andrea was defeated as she looked up at her son who beat her. Kevin held the scythe in his hands. Andrea looked up at Kevin with a bloody nose and said, "Alright you've won, Kevin. I'm beaten. Are you going to kill me?" She spat out blood from her mouth as Kevin looked down at her. "Why would I do that?" Kevin asked, "if I did, I'd be no better than you and everyone else on the Justice League. There are fates worse than death." As Kevin grabbed Andrea's mask, she asked, "what kind of fate could be worse than death?" Kevin's ring then formed a green bubble surrounding the scythe and mask as Kevin said, "being cursed with knowledge, such as the knowledge of causing pain that could have been avoided. Being cursed with knowledge like that is a fate worse than death. Tell me Andrea, how does it feel knowing that you hurt the only living family of yours who loved you? I want you to ponder that knowledge and live with it." Kevin then used his Green Lantern ring to destroy the scythe and mask right in front of Andrea, until it was reduced to the shape of something similar to crumpled up foil, and it was dropped. Kevin then used the ring to restrain Andrea.

A minute later, Wally and Olympia came out of The Phantom Zone with Kori, Tim, and Cassie. Tim and Olympia looked at each other, and there was practically a zing between the two. "Are you an angel?" Tim asked Olympia as the Crystalian blushed a dark blue from her cheeks, grinning like an idiot. "Hey, you can make goo-goo faces later," said Wally, "we should take these three back to the base. Kevin, are you okay?" Kevin looked at his defeated mother who was struggling with the restraints, and he said, "not really. I need a moment..."