[Prologue]

He•ro (hēr-ō)

Noun

a person noted for courageous acts or nobility of charactera person who, in the opinion of others, has special achievements, abilities, or personal qualities and is regarded as a role model or ideal

Villain (vil-ən)

Noun

a cruelly malicious person who is involved in or devoted to wickedness or crime; scoundrela person or thing considered to be the cause of something bad

What makes a hero? Who determines whether or not you are a villain? Answer: Society

In a world where nearly eighty percent of the population have manifested superpowers - more commonly known as "quirks" - there is sure to be some disruption in its depths. While the rest of the world spotlights the existence of heroes and villains, who is there to watch what goes on in the shadows that are created by that same light?

Such are the flaws in the very system itself. On the plus side, those deemed to be the "good guys" are praised for their remarkable abilities and acts of valor, while those who oppose them are despised and are called "monsters" and "villains."

What happens though, when one is born under the latter, more unfortunate circumstances? Will mankind react as it did when the first meta-ability manifested in Qing Qing City, China? How will the world respond when one is born with a quirk that falls under not one, but TWO of the three different classifications of quirks? The only question that remains is:

Will society praise them as a hero? Or will they shun him as a villain?

A/N: A bit of a disclaimer, but for those of you who were around when I first started publishing and are a bit confused as to what is going on, let me explain. To make things easier for myself (and hopefully readers), I made the executive decision of deleting my previous work and publishing this story. Yes, you heard (well...technically read) that correctly. THIS IS STILL THE SAME STORY AS BEFORE.

Anywho, with all that being said, I hope that you will still stick with me through this journey and enjoy the story. Thank you so much!!!

(P.S. The formatting and spacing may be a bit janky btw. The reason for this is because I first publish this story on Quotev, where they have more capabilities writing/typing-wise (notably for me the ability to insert a horizontal line), then copy and paste onto this site. So if you're wanting to read this story the way It is meant to look (story and words are all the same for the most part), I highly recommend you check it out. Title is the same, as well as my username)