David

TW: fighting

I walk into school on the first day.
Almost immediately, Jack comes up beside me and puts his arm
around my shoulders.

"Dave!! It's been forever since Ive seen you!" He says dramatically

"We saw eachother this weekend, Jack"

"But that was so long ago, you should stay the night at my house"

"On the first day? My parents would for sure say no!"

"Just say yous goin to study at my house and then 'accidentally' fall asleep"

"...maybee"

Then we see Race walk up to us

"Race! Where ya been?" Jack asks, excited to see his friend.
We barely saw race all summer.

"Mostly hangin out with spot."

Jack groans
"Of course, just give up your friends for your boyfriend! How dare ya!"
He's acting dramatic again.

We finally regroup with everyone and talk about our summers and then go to our classes.

First I have advanced math with Crutchie and Race.
Next period I have English with Mush. It's my favorite class. I love writing. That's why I joined the newspaper.
Anyway, 3rd period I have a free period, so I just read my book in the library.
Fourth I have science with Jack and Spot.
Then we have lunch and all the newsies create chaos because it's the first day back and they all missed eachother. It is sweet though, seeing all of them freak out and hug the people they haven't seen all summer. They all talk and mess around as Jack and I just sit back and watch the craziness unravel.
Then fifth I have history.
Sixth is gym with Jack again.
And then at the end of the day, all the newsies meet in an old classroom and make the newspapers. Our teacher is Mr. Denton but he just lets us do whatever.

Im almost ready to go home for a short while, then go to Jack's house, which is basically my second home.
But first I need to stay in school a little after everyone else, to check over the grammar in the papers.

About thirty minutes later I'm done with checking.
Just as I finally get ready to leave I see the Delancey twins. They block my path outta the doorway.

What now?! I just wanna go home