Jack

I move so I'm layin down and restin my head on Davey's legs. I start to nod off but the bell rings.

"C'mon Jack, get up, I gotta get to class."

"Nooo, I'm to tired. Can't ya just skip one more period?"

"Nope, I'm not missing English."

I begrudgingly get up and follow him outta the class room. I just wanted to spend more time with Dave.

Lunch

I walk up to our usual lunch table out in the courtyard

"Davey?"

"Yeah Jack?"

"You wanna help me paint the sets in Medda's theater afta school?"

"Maybe, I still got homework to do because I didn't get it done yesterday"

"I wonder why" I joke

Later (6:32 to be exact)

Im sitting and painting a forest backdrop for Medda's musical. There's indie music blaring in my headphones, and my mind is at peace.

Then I feel a hand on my shoulder and I flinch, turning around quickly, looking up to see whose hand it was.

"Woah, sorry didn't mean to scare ya"
Davey laughs lightly

"S-sorry, just had music too loud to hear ya walk in."

We stay still for a second, just looking at eachother. I turn away from Dave, facing the backdrop again

"So, uh, do ya wanna help paint the base of the backdrops?"
I wipe the paint off my hands and put my headphones in their case, glancing back at Davey.

"Oh, yeah ok"
He nods and grabs the white primer and starts painting.

We sit in silence for a few minutes, the only sound being paintbrushes running against wood.

"Are ya ready for the game night that the boys planned?"
I ask

Usually we all hang out at my house, mostly on the theater stage because it's a big open area where the guys can do cartwheels and act stupid.
And on game nights we never finish any board games. Someone either gets in a fight or they all get distracted and we do somethin completely different.

"Absolutely not, I don't know if I can handle another fight"

"I feel like everyone will play nice because they're all still so excited to see eachotha again that there's no reason to fight"

We go quiet again, I wait for a response but it never comes. I look up at Dave, about to say somethin but then I see that he's staring at me. Tiny smile on his face and softness in his eyes.
Before I can say anything he looks away quickly and clears his throat.

"S-sorry you just got paint on your face and it's annoying me."

"Where? Here?" I tap my chin

"No, right here" he scoots closer to me and wipes his thumb over my cheek a couple times. Then he slides back, looks at me weirdly and scoots closer once again.

"And here" rubbing at the other side of my chin

"And here too,"
He wipes my forehead
"how are you this messy while paintin? And how'd you get red paint on your face?! You're painting trees!"

I lean my head back and start to laugh

"Stop it im trying to get rid of the paint!"

But I couldn't stop laughing and then we both started laughing but we paused and looked at eatchother which led to us laughin harder than we were before.
My sides hurts so much from laughing that I rolled onto my side, laying my head down on what I thought was the wooden floor. But apparently it was my paint pallet full of green and brown paints. My hair got covered in a shade of dark green.

I sat up again, realizing what happened and so did Davey.

"You idiot!! How'd you get more paint on your face?!"
Dave asks, still laughing

After this whole thing, we finally got up and he helped me clean the paint out of my hair in the sink.

We were both still laughing
________________________
READERS!!!

hi.
Hope today was a good day, sry I took so long to write this chapter. I'm a lil burnt out bc I'm writing 4 stories all at once and I'm running out of ideas to make bridges over to the next plot points in my story. Yknow?

Anyway hope u enjoyed this weird chapter