Davey II

"Goin somewhere, lover boy?"
They both smirk

"Lover boy? Why the hell am I lover boy?" I say so I can distract them and maybe get outta the room.
Morris looks at his brother, unsure of what he should do, because he's just stupid like that.

"Because"
Oscar walks closer to me as his brother follows.
"Yous got a big crush on someone"
Oscars smirk grows wider
"And we knows who it is. we could tell him right now if we wanted to"

Oh shit

Before I can say anything, morris punches me in the eye and then the jaw. I fall to the ground and they kick me. My eyes start to burn and I can barely move. After a while of repeatedly attacking me they finally leave and I lie on the ground for a while. I can't stop shaking.

Don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry
I think over and over in my head.

I eventually get up and walk home, which isn't that long of a walk actually, maybe only 5 minutes .
I get home and text my mom to see if I can study at Jack's house and she said sure.
I walk into the bathroom and clean myself up a little, though it's still very noticeable that I was punched and kicked. I grab my phone and a change of clothes and head to Jack's house.

I get there and I knock on the door, still slightly shaking. Jack opens the door, he's wearing black baggy shorts and a blue sweatshirt.
His eyes widen as he looks at me.

"Davey! What the hell happened to ya?" He grabs me by the wrist and pulls me into the house.

"Just the Delancey twins" I say as he leads me upstairs and into his bathroom. I sit on the counter and he gets the first aid kit.  He gets really close to my face, trying to clean me up and I practically turn red.

"I'm so sorry, Davey.
I'll make sure they have black eyes ten times as big as yours-"

"Jack. Don't do anything stupid just for me. Yknow I hate violence."

"Ok fine, I'll just make sure you don't know about it."

Before I can say anything he backs away and says
"Lift your shirt up"

"W-what" I'm very taken aback

"I need to make sure you don't got any big bruises or nothin"

"Oh, yeah, yeah ok that makes sense"

I lift up my shirt and there's already lots of bruising even though I just got attacked less than an hour ago.

Ignoring the fact that I'm bruised everywhere and that Jack is staring at me in horror I say
"Can I some medicine or somethin? I got a headache"

"Woah.. um- yeah, I'll go get you somethin"
he says, still processing all the bruising, then he walks out of the bathroom.

I look around and see all the art on the walls. Jack loves painting on the walls of his room and bedroom.
And miss Medda loves his art so she lets him.
Miss Medda adopted him and crutchie when they were young, and they live in house that used to be a theater. Well actually, it was a theater and then they added a house onto it, so basically their house has a whole empty theater and paintings all over the walls. It's very cozy though.

Jack walks back in and hands me a glass of water and some medicine.
He looks at me with somber eyes.
"Can I hug you?" Jack asks
"Yes..? Why?"
"I- just- I don't know, maybe because I want to comfort my best friend after he just got viciously attacked by those dumbasses"
I chuckle as I get off the counter and hug him, my arms around his neck and his around my waist. He hugs me tightly and I flinch.

"Oh- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine" I hug him tighter back. We stay like this for about 2 minutes or so.

Eventually we walk into his room and sit on his bed. He gets a blanket, a sweatshirt and the remote to his tv. I move closer next to him when he sits down and hands me his sweatshirt and the blanket.

"Why'd you give me this?" I look at the grey sweatshirt.

"You were shaking, and I thought you were cold, but if you're not then I can just take back the-"

"Thanks" I say quickly as I slide the sweatshirt over my head. We share the blanket and he asks me which movie we should watch.

"Just choose anything. What do you want?" I ask

"How about the Truman show? I've never seen it before"

"What?!? You've never seen the Truman show?? How?!?"

The Truman Show had been one of my favorite movies since freshman year.

"I'm guessing you want to watch it?" He asks

"Duh."

He laughs

Later

We're halfway through the movie and so far Jack's loving it. Eventually I feel Jack's hand slowly slide around my waist. I put my head on his shoulder in return. Then I start to fall asleep, feeling the safest and coziest I've ever felt.

___________________________
Hello readers
Idk if anyone's reading this but that ok bc it's fun to write
But if someone is reading this , then thank you and I hope you have a good afternoon , evening, and goodnight :)