05

September 26th, 2025. 

My eyes roam the pitifully littered street. Beer cans, cigarette butts, and everything in between sit in piles and dance in puddles. The scowl on my face is subconscious as I let Niall and Louis lead the way. I follow them down the street, turning with them down an alleyway. The only signs of life are scattered individuals and a black door, one disgustingly bright light above it. The last place I thought I would be is Chicago. We're here for Zayn, to make money and get information. 

Louis swears up and down that I'll be able to take a break and reassess everything, and that Zayn will help me with that. I just don't know how much longer I can keep this shit up. She's a ghost. If I've learned anything in the last two years, it's that Jackson is doing a damn good job of keeping her all to himself. Besides the one time she was out, it's been nothing. She disappeared all over again in February. 

I have to find her and I have to kill Jackson. I have to kill every single person left that had anything to do with him and his stupid fucking father. 

Niall whistles, signaling me to focus. I peel my eyes off the gloomy environment as I inhale from my cigarette one last time, dragging the burnt end across the brick wall to kill it as we near the door. It's guarded by two politely muscled men, dressed head to toe in black. They situate their stance, pushing out their muscles in an attempt to intimidate the three of us.

I sigh, placing my hands and the cigarette butt in the pockets of my jeans while Louis leans in to whisper some bullshit. Zayn and I were never the closest, but Louis was his right hand for a good amount of time years ago. When we all got involved in this shit, they were the first two I met. Seeing the way they acted, so similar to Niall and me, I remember how shocked I was that they were able to be such close friends in a field of work like that.

I haven't seen Zayn since he helped me take care of Micheal. That feels like eons ago now. With how long it's been since I've seen her, touched her, and admired her.

The man nods, turning to his friend and cocking his head to the side quickly. Just like that, he pulls the door open, and music blares. I send each guy a quick nod, following my men inside.

"I didn't know Zayn was so serious about his business," Niall says, turning back at me with raised eyebrows and a smirk. Louis just chuckles, shaking his head before moving further down the dark hallway. We take a right, but I don't miss the opportunity to go left, quickly scanning everything with my eyes. I'm unsure of how much this building has going on. 

Everything about it screams exclusive nightclub and we haven't even stepped foot in the actual club. Rock and Roll (In a Black Hole) by Rob Zombie starts playing as we reach the top of a staircase that descends down, and I see the flashing red lights from below. I brush past people as they head up, their nights seemingly ending as ours is just beginning. My hands are out of my pockets as I use one to guide me, feeling the cold metal railing as the club comes into full view. It clinks against my rings, but the sound is swallowed whole by the pumping beat of the song. 

It is a sight to behold, I'll give it to Zayn. It's huge, much more spacious than I would have ever guessed. The line of people awaiting entry stare in awe, and I can't say I don't do the same. Louis slips past them, Niall and I following closely. The man doesn't hesitate to open the velvet rope, fully unleashing us into the crazed environment.

Red lights flicker with the beat of the music, and the stage lights up as the music begins to pick up with lyrics. Three women begin to put on a show, dancing on long and shiny poles. Their outfits leave little to the imagination, quickly telling me what kind of club we're in.

Tables litter the open space, and three different bars are scattered along the various walls. Each table has a red or black tablecloth. I've become immune to checking my surroundings, identifying every possible spot in a room is second nature to me. One hall, off the left side of the stage, is nearly pitch black from this far away, with no signs of life. Another hall in the far right corner has a sign above it, Saints and Sinners, illuminated brightly in neon pink.