01

July 28th, 2023. 

Harry 

I remember the day my Father died because of how traumatic it was. I walked into the house, having left Niall's after doing stupid teenage bullshit. I thought life was simple, easy even. I didn't know the horrors of the real world. If there's one thing my Father did well, it was shielding me as much as he could from the sick world he had become a part of. 

And I went and inserted myself into it anyway. For my mom. 

She was the best mom anyone could ever have and I hope I never did anything to take her for granted. I hope she knew how much I loved her. Until her last day. She was everything. 

I lied to Cecily. Somehow, the lies just kept piling up. But not anymore. From here on out, she will only know my whole truth. I can tell her the truth now. 

She's my second chance at everything. Even if I never get out of this life, at least she will be. I just hope she loves me enough to stay with me anyway. 

She is the sun, the moon, and the stars. She's a field of wildflowers brushing against my skin on a breezy day. She's the most gentle heart, with hands that can wrap my entire soul in a safe haven. How could I ever get over her? 

How could anyone? 

Sometimes, that thought hits me like a fucking truck. It blinds me and wipes me out before I can shut it down. I always push it away right after, but it comes regardless. Sometimes I understand Jackson's need for her, how badly he wants her back. Not that I would ever let him have her, or justify what he's done. But part of me understands it. 

I would burn the fucking world to ash if she were taken from me. 

I press my fingers to my lips before offering the crowd the kiss, my arm extending wide. I smile at all of them, clasping my hands together before bending over in a bow. They cheer loudly and my earpiece tickles my neck now that it's hanging around it rather than in my ear. I love hearing all of them as clearly as possible. 

Being on this stage is the most addictive drug. Right next to my girl. 

I jog off the stage eager to see her. She's down today, and all I want to do is cheer her up. She should be ecstatic today. 

My smile is wide, just as wide as it has been for the last few hours, today changed everything. 

My breaths are short as I make my way to my dressing room, knowing she'll be right where she always is. On my couch, likely playing some mindless game on her phone or reading a book. God, I can't wait to kiss her. 

I pass Niall and Frank talking in a side room, Megan nowhere to be found. Fuck, if Cecily is with Megan I'll have to wait even longer to have her to myself. 

I make it to my door, throwing the door open with a wide smile hoping to see her in there. I don't want to hunt her down, I want to wrap my arms around her. My smile falters as I see the couch empty. I don't fret, though. I shut the door, untucking my shirt as I cross the hall to her room. 

I knock, not wanting to interrupt her and Megan rudely. After radio silence on the other side, I open it anyway. Empty. My eyes scan the room, looking at all of her things scattered around. She's usually quick to have everything packed away by the time I'm done. I mutter a curse of confusion under my breath. 

I pace with wide steps down the hallway, finding Niall and Frank again. 

They turn to look at me, smiling in greeting. I cut to the chase, needing to see my girl. "Where's Cec?" I ask, walking into the room further.