28- cuddle

irl & instagram!

"HELLO," DRACO BREATHED when caroline opened her door.

she blinked, "you're soaking."

"it's raining," he said. "can i come in?"

"oh, yeah!" she fully opened the door to let him in.

he shifted in the entryway, "i- um- they looked a lot better when i bought them."

"i love ranunculus." she grabbed them with a smile.

the singer ran a hand through his hair, "i know, that's why i got them."

"that makes sense," she nodded.

...

caroline ended up finding a pair of sweatpants—likely alec's—that draco could change into. however, the only shirt that she could find that fit him was tight. it showed all of his muscles and she had to physically turn away from him to keep herself from staring.

"you're probably wondering why i'm here," draco said.

"kind of."

"i thought i we should probably talk in person about everything."

"what's there to talk about?" she handed him a cup of tea.

"us." he added milk.

caroline thinned her lips. "you say that as if it's obvious."

"i kind of thought it was."

"you said you don't like me, so i got a boyfriend. and then you got jealous because i wasn't pining after you anymore. i am no longer dating andrew, and you're here right now. what else is there to talk about?"

draco was at a loss for words. "it's more complicated than that."

"how? did i say something that was incorrect?"

"you're not interested in seeing where this could go? are you saying you don't fancy me anymore?"

"i had a boyfriend."

"you don't now."

she set her cup down with a sigh, "i know you're probably used to girls being obsessed with you—including me at one point—but i wasn't going to sit and wait until you decided i was worth your time. i moved on, maybe you should too."

"is that it?" he asked. "i wrote a whole bloody album about how i felt about you, and you're telling me no?"

"what were your words?" she tapped her chin with a finger, "i'm not interested in you, draco, and i shouldn't have to pretend i am to make you feel better. i'm sorry i do not reciprocate your feelings, but i'm not going to force myself to lie about it to make you feel better."

"i never said that to you." he gaped.

"to me, to the rest of our friends. same thing, right?" she gave a sardonic smile.

"are you trying to get back at me for when i rejected you?"

caroline's smile fell, "are you fucking kidding me? have you ever thought that i just don't like you anymore? you told me we would never happen and that i was nice, draco."

"and now i'm telling you i want us to happen!"

"and i'm telling you i don't want us to!"

he let out a breath, "you seriously aren't interested in me?"