LAST CHRISTMAS (Wheesa)

The snow was falling gently outside, blanketing the world in a pristine white. It was Christmas Eve, and Wheein stood at her kitchen window, gazing at the winter wonderland that stretched before her. The soft glow of twinkling Christmas lights filled the room, casting a warm and inviting ambiance. She had spent hours preparing a festive feast, yet her heart felt heavy with a mixture of excitement and sadness.

Hwasa, her partner of many years, had always been the life of their holiday celebrations. She was the one who insisted on decorating the tree, who loved to sing Christmas carols, and who reveled in the joy of giving. But this year was different. Hwasa was battling a serious illness, and their days were now marked by hospital visits and the painful reality of uncertainty.

Wheein heard the soft click of the front door, and her heart leaped as she rushed to greet Hwasa. Despite her illness, Hwasa was as radiant as ever, her eyes twinkling with love and warmth. She had insisted on being home for Christmas, and Wheein was determined to make it a special day.

As Wheein took Hwasa's coat and helped her settle into the cozy living room, a sense of nostalgia washed over her. She remembered all the Christmases they had celebrated together, the laughter, the joy, and the love that had filled their home. It was a reminder of how precious their time together was.

Hwasa looked at Wheein with a bittersweet smile. "Thank you for doing all this, Wheein. I know it's not easy."

Wheein leaned in and kissed Hwasa gently. "I wouldn't want to spend Christmas with anyone else. You mean the world to me, babe."

They sat by the fireplace, wrapped in a warm embrace, and talked about their favorite Christmas memories. Hwasa's eyes sparkled as she recalled their first Christmas together, the joy of exchanging gifts, and the magic of the season.

The hours passed, and it was time for their Christmas dinner. Wheein had prepared all of Hwasa's favorite dishes, and they savored each bite, savoring the flavors and the moments they shared. As they toasted to their love, Wheein couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness. She knew this might be their last Christmas together, and the thought was almost too much to bear.

Hwasa sensed Wheein's unease and reached for her hand. "Wheein, I don't want you to be sad. Christmas is a time for joy and love, and that's what I want us to focus on."

Wheein nodded, blinking away tears. "You're right, babe. I just can't help but worry about what the future holds."

Hwasa squeezed Wheein's hand gently. "We'll face whatever comes our way together, just like we always have. And no matter what, our love will endure."

The evening continued, with Hwasa playing her favorite Christmas songs on the piano and Wheein singing along. Their love and connection filled the room, pushing aside the weight of the uncertain future. They exchanged gifts, and Hwasa's face lit up when she opened the carefully wrapped presents from Wheein.

Hwasa handed Wheein a small, wrapped box. "I hope you like this, Wheein."

As Wheein opened the box, her eyes widened in surprise. Inside was a beautifully crafted necklace, a delicate chain adorned with a heart-shaped pendant that held a tiny photo of them together.

Wheein's voice trembled with emotion. "Babe, it's perfect. I'll wear it every day as a reminder of our love."

Hwasa smiled through tears. "I'm glad you like it. Now, close your eyes."

Wheein obeyed, her heart racing with anticipation. She felt Hwasa's gentle touch on her face, and then their lips met in a tender and passionate kiss. It was a moment of pure, unadulterated love, a reminder of the deep bond they shared.

As the clock neared midnight, Wheein and Hwasa stood on their snowy porch, hand in hand, looking up at the starlit sky. The world was silent, and for a brief moment, it felt as if time had stopped.

Hwasa spoke softly, her voice filled with a sense of peace. "Babe, I want you to promise me something."

Wheein turned to Hwasa, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Anything, babe."

Hwasa's grip on Wheein's hand tightened. "Promise me that you'll continue to find joy in life, that you'll keep creating art, and that you'll let love into your heart when the time is right."

Wheein nodded, her voice breaking with emotion. "I promise, babe. I'll honor your memory by living a life filled with love and happiness."

Hwasa smiled, her eyes reflecting the twinkle of the Christmas lights. "I love you, my baby."

"I love you too, babe." Wheein whispered, sealing their love with a kiss that tasted of tears and the promise of a future that would always be intertwined with their shared memories.

As the clock struck midnight, the echoes of Christmas carols filled the air, and Wheein and Hwasa held each other close. The magic of the season enveloped them, and in that moment, they knew that love, in all its beauty and imperfection, was the greatest gift of all.

Last year was their last Christmas together. Hwasa, her partner left the world on her lap while she busy telling the story. How irony life is. It was a reminder that love endures, even in the face of life's most challenging moments. And as Wheein looked up at the stars above, she knew that Hwasa would always be a part of the universe, shining brightly in Wheein's heart, guiding her with the light of their love.