BROKEN (Moonsun)

In the bustling hallways of their high school, Moonbyul and Yongsun were like fire and ice, constantly at odds with each other. Their clashes were legendary, earning them the reputation of being the school's most notorious rivals. Moonbyul, the studious nerd, and Yongsun, the rebellious girl from a broken family, seemed destined to clash.

Their lives took an unexpected turn when tragedy struck Yongsun's world. Her mother, the anchor in her tumultuous life, passed away, leaving her utterly broken and alone. Moonbyul, despite their bitter history, extended a helping hand. She invited Yongsun to live with her and her parents, who welcomed Yongsun with open arms.

Over the years, Yongsun became a part of Moonbyul's family. They graduated from high school, entered the prestigious university, and pursued their dreams. Moonbyul's feelings for Yongsun evolved into something deeper, but Yongsun's heart was captivated by Minhyuk, her charming senior. 

The tension between Yongsun and Moonbyul was palpable as they sat in a quaint cafe, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee hanging in the air. Yongsun took a deep breath, steeling herself for a conversation she knew would be difficult.

Yongsun: Byul, there's something I need to tell you.

Moonbyul: (nervously) What is it, Yongsun?

Yongsun: (pausing) I'm dating someone. Minhyuk, a senior from the university. We've been seeing each other for a while now.

Moonbyul's heart sank at the revelation, though she tried to maintain composure.

Moonbyul: (forcing a smile) Oh, that's... that's great, Yongsun. I'm happy for you.

Yongsun: (apologetic) I know we've had our differences, but I wanted you to hear it from me. It's serious, Byul. We're planning to get married after graduation.

Moonbyul's smile faltered, and her eyes betrayed a hint of sadness.

Moonbyul: (softly) That's... that's wonderful news, Yongsun. Congratulations.

Yongsun: (sincerely) Thank you, Byul. I hope you understand.

As Yongsun left the cafe, Moonbyul sat alone, her emotions in turmoil. The weight of unspoken feelings hung heavily in the air.

As they parted ways, the conversation left  Moonbyul grappling with the complexities of her emotions. Days turned into weeks, and Moonbyul found herself struggling to cope with the news. The rivalry between them seemed like a distant memory as the reality of Yongsun being with someone else settled in. The road ahead was uncertain, but it marked the beginning of a journey towards understanding and healing.

Fast forward to the present, Moonbyul, now a successful architect in the United States, returned to Korea. Yongsun had become a renowned fashion designer, and life seemed to be flourishing until Minhyuk's untimely death and leaving her with their only daughter. Yongsun, grieving and alone, was unaware of the illness he had hidden from her.

Moonbyul's journey took unexpected turns as time unfolded. After Minhyuk's passing, Yongsun found herself immersed in grief, grappling with the void left by her late husband. Moonbyul, on the other side of the world, continued to build her career as an intelligent architect. The years passed, and life moved forward, but the echoes of their shared past lingered.

One day, fate orchestrated their reunion. Moonbyul returned to Korea, a decision prompted by a longing for the familiarity of her roots. In the midst of reconnecting with her parents, she learned about Yongsun's struggles and triumphs, especially the heartbreak of losing Minhyuk.

The flower shop encounter was a brief yet pivotal moment. Yongsun, visiting her late husband's resting place, and Moonbyul, selecting flowers for a friend, exchanged polite greetings. The awkwardness hung in the air, a palpable reminder of the unspoken history between them.