SEPARATION (Wheebyul)

Moonbyul and Wheein had always been inseparable. They had met as children in their small, close-knit neighborhood, where the houses were painted in cheerful colors, and the streets were lined with fragrant flowers. From the very beginning, they were an unlikely pair, but their bond was unbreakable. Moonbyul, with her tomboyish spirit, was a fearless adventurer, and Wheein, the shy and artistic dreamer, was content to follow her lead.

Their friendship blossomed in those early years, fueled by shared secrets, late-night talks, and a love for life's simple pleasures. Together, they would explore the nearby forest, climb trees, and play imaginative games. The world was their canvas, and every day was a new masterpiece.

As the years passed, they remained the closest of friends, even as they navigated the trials and tribulations of adolescence. Moonbyul became an accomplished athlete, excelling in basketball and track, while Wheein's artistic talents bloomed, and her paintings started to gain recognition.

Their bond was tested when they reached high school. Moonbyul was offered a sports scholarship to a prestigious academy, while Wheein was accepted into an acclaimed art school in another city. It was a turning point that neither of them had expected, and they faced a heart-wrenching decision.

In the stillness of Wheein's art studio, Moonbyul hesitated. She looked around at the walls covered in Wheein's vibrant canvases, each one a piece of her soul, and she felt a heavy pang of sadness. Wheein had always been there for her, her constant companion through the ups and downs of life. Now, they were on the precipice of change, their paths diverging.

Wheein gazed at Moonbyul, her eyes brimming with unspoken emotions. "I don't want to go, Byul, but this is a chance of a lifetime for both of us. We've always supported each other's dreams, and this is no different."

Moonbyul nodded, tears welling up in her eyes. "I know, Wheein. But I'm going to miss you so much."

Wheein moved closer and hugged Moonbyul tightly, their hearts speaking the words they couldn't. It was a bittersweet embrace, a mixture of joy for the opportunities that lay ahead and sorrow for the inevitable separation.

The day came when Moonbyul left for her new school, a prestigious academy known for producing top athletes. Wheein saw her off at the train station, her face a mixture of pride and sadness. They promised to stay in touch, to write letters and call each other regularly, but the reality of their lives had shifted.

Life moved forward, as it always did, and Moonbyul and Wheein began to adapt to their new environments. Moonbyul found herself on the basketball court, practicing tirelessly and making new friends. Wheein immersed herself in her art, pushing her boundaries and experimenting with new techniques. Their dreams were coming to fruition, but they were doing it separately.

The letters they exchanged were their lifelines. Moonbyul would write about her victories on the court, and Wheein would share her artistic breakthroughs. The envelopes were filled with photos, snippets of news, and drawings, a tangible link to their shared past.

Despite the physical distance, their bond remained unbroken. They would talk on the phone for hours, sharing stories of their experiences, their challenges, and their dreams for the future. It was as if they were still sitting on Moonbyul's front porch, watching the world go by.

Years passed, and Moonbyul's talent on the basketball court had caught the attention of college scouts. She was offered a scholarship to a prestigious university, and her dreams of playing at the highest level were coming true. She couldn't wait to share the news with Wheein.

In her art studio, Wheein received Moonbyul's call with excitement. She knew how hard her friend had worked for this opportunity, and she was genuinely happy for her. But as she listened to Moonbyul's excitement, a sense of unease settled in her heart.