two of us

POV: Following SMG3's thoughts

SMG3 woke up with the faint taste of blood still in his mouth from last night, and Eggdog sleeping beside him, softly snoring and occasionally thumping his tail against the blanket. 

It was a lot better than yesterday.

Already thinking about what to do today, Three smiled and tried to forget about the looming dread of knowing you'll die very, very soon with almost no way to stop it! He looked at his calendar on the wall before remembering he never uses it, and looked at his phone instead for the day (and time).

Huh. Oh yeah, with all the chaos lately, he forgot he had a livestream in an hour or two. Well, he'd better get breakfast and all that crap before he plays video games and says funny things in front of a bunch of random strangers.

~~~

POV: Following SMG4's thoughts

SMG4 woke up with twelve billion thoughts already in his head. Happy memories, memes, video ideas- oh! I should write these down! Four rolled out of bed and fell on the floor before getting up and rummaging around for a notepad to keep the ideas. 

Sadly, he'd forgotten most of them already in the few minutes it took him to find the paper (he is very disorganized), but there were still a few left. Working at KFC, attempting world records, buying weird internet stuff maybe? Those are good for Mario. He tossed the page onto the nightstand for later and got out his laptop.

Hmm. He usually had better ideas when he drank a pot of coffee, ate marshmallows, and watched YTPs all at the same time but he didn't feel like doing all that at once right now.

What was I doing again? Oh yeah, looking at memes! 

Wait, what?! Why was I looking at memes?! I could have been working, but instead I wasted my time...oh yeah, and I guess sleep was an option too, but I-

Ohhhh yeah. That weird crap.

SMG4 mentally slapped himself. It couldn't have been that bad, I'm probably just even weaker when I'm sleep deprived. Yeah, that's it. I shouldn't let nightmares and shit get to my head like that...

Four shook his head and dragged himself downstairs to get a bowl of cereal. Wow. Look what an amazing job the author is at describing everyday life. This shit is fucking boring.

Bring in the timeskip and the three squiggly lines!

(This timeskip is sponsored by O.T. Airlines: "Fly O.T. Airlines and you, too, can meet god!")

~~~

The blue-clad Meme Guardian checked his watch. Wait, no, he didn't have a watch. Even if he did it would have to be a digital watch, since it took him like 30 whole seconds to read a clock- but ignoring that-

He pulled out his phone and checked the time. 1:34? Huh, wasn't something gonna happen soon... He was definitely forgetting something.

Oh yeah! SMG3 was having a stream today, that was it. Four didn't always watch them, but this was a special one. He'd convinced Three to try Deltarune...

Grinning, he ran to his computer and checked Twitch. Yep, Three was online. Four clicked on it and saw the Deltarune chapter select screen and Three's webcam. This would definitely be interesting.

~~~

"Alright guys, let's get started, first up we have..." SMG3 watched the first cutscene, reading the mysterious text that still somehow gives the theorists stuff to work with all these years after the release of Chapter 1. "...a character creator, huh."

"Well, let's get started! Of course, we're going with the sexy bald head and the ugliest sweater..." Three rambled for a bit. "What? Did they even change the leg options at all? That's- see chat, this is why I hate the creation screens.. So MaNy OpTiOns, I cAn'T cHoOsE-"

SMG4 watched the stream, laughing at SMG3's responses to the different dialogues. "And there you have it," Three said once he was finished. "Favorite food is pain, and hmm, yes I also find the blood type D delicious... Favorite color's red, I'll give it bravery so I'm not a fucking coward and, uhh, I would definitely fear this thing. Cause it enjoys being hurt. Wh- I'm not gonna meet someone with a fucking pain kink, chat," he laughed.

Once he got to the naming screen, he asked the viewers for suggestions. Of course, they came flooding in...

amogus /j

PNORPLESESLEYS

Sans!!!

DICKSUCCER

put in Gaster it does something

gayass

"Chat no, I'm not doing 'amogus' or 'Sans', y'all suck at this!" he snorted. "'Gaster'? Nah, that sounds like the name of a shitty beta Pokemon. 'PNORPLESESLEYS'?" Three tried to enter the name, but was stopped at 'PNORPLESE' because of the limit. 

"Sorry chat, there's a limit. 12 characters. Wait what-" he checked again. "I'm not naming myself 'gayass'!"

Four snickered at the anonymous person's suggestion. Actually, hold on... He looked at their name, '1_L0V3_SP4GH3TT1'. ...not so anonymous after all.

SMG4 kept watching, laughing at the jokes, SMG3's face was even stuck in his mind after the stream. He liked seeing Three happy, 

What am I thinking...?

Let's not think about that train of thought, Four thought as he smacked himself in the face to get back on track. Oh yeah, and the stream had kind of an awkward ending, too. But that surely meant nothing.

Three had been fine until one point when he entered Card Castle's top floor. In real life, he looked panicked, though Four could tell he was trying to hide it. He quickly used the save point and started wrapping up the stream, ending it as quickly as possible for some reason. SMG3 could be seen rushing offscreen as fast as he could a split second before it was over and his camera turned off.

Four found that very suspicious, of course. But SMG3 was always kinda weird, so this was probably nothing out of the ordinary.

His thumb lingered over an option on his phone. The option to call Three.

There was no reason to, though, right...?

SMG4 didn't know why he was so anxious, or...

why he suddenly felt

sick

~~~

A/N: Now that I'm done with this fic and currently editing it, I can reveal that the chapters are named after the Tetris Effect OST /srs