like never before

POV: Third person

SMG3 could tell that something was a little off about Four. Then again, maybe he had been acting differently all week and it was just that Three hadn't noticed with all this weird, hazy Hanahaki shit going on.

"FuCk! WhO mADe tHiS piEcE of sHiT?!" Bob yelled, throwing his Joy-Cons across the room when he lost another match of Smash Ultimate to Tari. "I wAnTed tO pLay-"

"-Super Smash Each Other In The Ass Bros, we know, Bob!" Four cut him off, entering the room. "Can I play the next round?"

This could be one of the last times I play games with my friends, Three thought to himself for a second as he picked up Bob's Joy-Cons off the floor. Tari handed SMG4 her controller, which meant that this round, it was Three versus Four...

"Alright, man, you ready? I'm not gonna let you win," SMG3 grinned at SMG4, selecting Bayonetta.

"Bring it on!" Four chose Mr. Game & Watch. A bit of an odd choice, but whatever. Maybe he was really good, Three thought as he went back and picked the Final Destination stage, set the music to Bomb Rush Blush, and pressed A.

~~~

POV: SMG4

Well, I learned a few things today. Number one, Three has a...unique taste in video game music, Bayonetta is really OP in the hands of a pro, and I am utter garbage at SSBU compared to some of my friends.

"Hah! You lose!" Three laughed, acting more like he used to now. Like...before this disease crap.

Everyone was cheering either him or Tari on now, since they were fighting, with SMG3 as Bayonetta still and Tari as Kirby, and this would definitely be close since Tari wasn't actually using her main! Me and Mario were on Three's side, and the others were on Tari's

"YAHOO! THE ULTIMATE GAMER VERSUS THE ULTIMATE GAY!" Mario exclaimed, excitedly jumping up and down when Bayonetta took out one of Kirby's lives. "SHUT THE HELL UP, MARIO!" Three yelled back at him.

"Mario speaks the truth..." the fat Italian muttered.

The stock counter quickly changed to 2 lives/2 lives, Kirby had thrown Bayonetta off of Moray Towers. "Ugh! Goddammit, if Moray Towers isn't even a good stage in its home game then why make it worse?!" he yelled, anxiously tossing his Joy-Cons a few times while his character respawned.

After a while of not a lot happening and both Bayonetta's and Kirby's damage was high, they KO'd each other. Final round...

"Raaaaah! Take this, you stupid pink...thing! I couldn't think of an insult!" Three yelled as he used his Final Smash attack to defeat Tari's character.

VICTORY: Bayonetta

Tari smiled and said "good game", and Bob grabbed her controller to throw it on the ground for her since she wouldn't rage. Meanwhile, SMG3 picked up and threw Mario into the kitchen (he was okay, it was Plot Convenient Humor) before going in there to talk to the annoying fat Italian.

"Anyone think they can beat me?!" Saiko asked, picking up Tari's almost-completely-destroyed-by-now controller off the ground. "And Bob, stop that or I'll kill you."

Meggy agreed to play against her, and I watched a few matches of them playing against each other. Not really though, because...I was thinking about something else.

I can't get SMG3 off my mind, ever since the night of the walk through the city.

~~~

POV: Third person

"Alright, you! What the hell's up with you?!" SMG3 asked Mario. 

"What?" The Italian looked genuinely confused. "What do you mean?"

Three sighed, facepalming. The gay jokes, dammit! The fucking gay jokes. How did Mario know about that...? Well, maybe it wasn't so unbelievable, but in that case, did their Avatar also know that he was dying because of Four?...

"Look, man," SMG3 said, "I dunno how you found out I'm not straight or whatever, but please stop saying shit like when I was playing Smash Ultimate!"

Mario just grinned, opening the fridge to get a plate of spaghetti since they were in the kitchen. "Mario always knew!" he laughed. "It was easy. SMG3 acts gae and tsundere around SMG4 all the time and no one else!..." Then he sighed and shoveled a handful of food into his mouth for moral support. "Though...no one believes Mario because he seems to silly to be taken seriously."

The Italian thought back to when he suggested that Four was the cause of Three's Hanahaki. Everyone just ignored him or assumed he was joking, like always.

Three was surprised. "Really...? I'm sorry, man. That sounds horrible. But I have just 1 question..." The purple-clad Meme Guardian glanced around to check if anyone was around, before asking "Do you think he...likes me back...?"

Mario was unsure about his answer, since most of their GAE interactions had SMG3 being 99% of the gayness. So he just said "Mario can't be sure, but he thinks SMG4 should know about this... at this point..." Three could tell he was fighting the urge to cry.

SMG3 wasn't completely sure how to feel about this, but at least he'd have time to think about it when he was back at home. Oh, seems like it was just about time for him to leave now anyway. The petals began to tickle his throat...

(This is the end of the chapter now btw)

~~~

Author's note:

no context screenshot